• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What Heavy jet will SWA buy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
canyon blueballs... you're right... take a look at the 'HAL hiring' thread... don't believe that had anything to do with SW and yet... great observation on linking newbies on a website to flying planes... you are a sky god!!

canyon blueballs... you're right... take a look at the 'HAL hiring' thread... don't believe that had anything to do with SW and yet... great observation on linking newbies on a website to flying planes... you are a sky god!!

Shall I list the dozen swa threads DanR chimed in on before I chimed in to HALHiring?

Is that part of the culture Bubba? Dumb down the airplane to save money and forgo the inherent safety that technology could provide. A lot of us have flown round dials and mono - chrome radar and ain't skeered, but given the choice, I'd want every option available to get me home safely and get my pax safely to their destination (all the way to the proper airport and gate).

Never said it was. But you guys asked a question, and I gave you the answer. Hey, I don't design the damn things, and for some reason, they forgot to ask my input for possible changes to the -MAX.

I just told you why, not how good of an idea any of it is. Don't jump on my a$$! :confused:

Bubba

wave- not directed at you in the slightest...
by the way... i've flown with DR a few times now and he is a crack up... he actually really like you guys but loves busting your(sw) balls online even more...
that guy has more stoke at his age than I do...
bottom line is... we are all pilots working for the (insert ass clown of your own company)... and we could all end up at emirates... faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

wave- not directed at you in the slightest...
by the way... i've flown with DR a few times now and he is a crack up... he actually really like you guys but loves busting your(sw) balls online even more...
that guy has more stoke at his age than I do...
bottom line is... we are all pilots working for the (insert ass clown of your own company)... and we could all end up at emirates... faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Yeah man, he actually seems like it
Flying with him and pilots like him would be the only draw to an HAL deal for me-
I've actually never met a hawaiian pilot that wasn't pretty great

Good luck fellas
Hope consolidation is done and we all grow on our own for a minute

Unfortunately, the Max design is finalized and it looks as though they have opted for no redesign of the overhead panels. It has bigger screens, but the same display as the NG - still without EICAS. (Note the recall switch/light is still there)

u3y3y7ar.jpg

edanaza4.jpg

Great Zeus's Beard ! :eek:

There's a cluster of switches directly to the left of the FO's MCDU. Could that be a control for system synoptics ?

I looked at it in the magazine where I found the pics. Looks like its MFD controls. One of the buttons has ENG with left/right arrows. I assume that let's you bring the engine indications over to the right side MFD. Can't tell what the 4 buttons say, but they apparently let you manipulate that display.

Last edited:
Synoptic pages and AOA are available on NG aircraft.....just most US airlines don't choose it. I've seen it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back