• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do Netjets guys do on long flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doesn't the iPod come through a seperate headset or earpiece than the aviation headset potentially blocking out aircraft comm in that ear vs. listening to the ADF, HF and VHF at the same time in one headset which is entirely possible?

No. Mine cuts out the Ipod when there is a transmission on the radio or when the guy next to me says something.
It is much much better than the ADF/HF.
http://www.lightspeedaviation.com/content.cfm/Products/MACH-1

ACA, you make many good points. I agree with some and disagree with others. Ah well, that's the way it goes.

But it's a bit hypocritical, don't you think, to make jabs at people you claim need electronic stimulation 24 hours a day, when you yourself have almost 1800 posts on this message board?

I always enjoyed a little light music in the background from my Ipod (I NEVER watched movies on it in flight!). The ear buds fit under the headset and the wires paralleled the headset wires, so I doubt anyone noticed. It kept me alert on the longer flights. And I honestly don't recall ever missing a radio call because of it. But then again, I didn't listen to it at deafness-incurring levels.

However, company policy is what I operate under. I have no intention of risking a great job and six-figure salary over an Ipod. So now it stays tucked away in my jacket until I'm away from the plane. Sigh.

Do what you wish, but policy is policy and I am not going to sacrafice my Captain's pay (which I worked so hard for) so my F/O can listen to AeroSmith!!!!

Turn it off........plain and simple

Don't want to turn it off....explain it to the ACP....you're not worth it.

That's cool. As long as you or any other captain is actually telling your FO or co-captain that you are your not agreeable to the listening of IPODS.
A person that simply tattles on their partner is a spineless, worthless POS and deserves to be hung by their scrot.

I don't know, i'm old school I guess. The ipod or any other mp3 should not be in the cockpit. Leave it in your bag to work out with. Why would you risk a good job like NJA with the ipod? You never know when an owner is going come up from the back to surprize you. One guy might be checking the windshield heat system with his cheek (resting), while the guy with the ipod is bobbing his head to the music. All it takes is one owner to freak! Just my two cents.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who cracked the code. Just don't bob your head and you should be good to go.
www.uflymike.com

put the pod in your pocket. If the owner is feeling around in your pocket, that is a whole new pay grade that I am not privy to.

keep the volume reasonable so you don't miss radio calls.
Also, I find instrumental music is much better suited for radio awareness. Have fun out there.

Latest resources

Back