Watch out FOs on Before T/O PAs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

777forever

Ive heard that our wonderful FAA observers are dinging crews for sterile cockpit violation for saying anything other than number blah blah for takeoff, FA be seated. Don't they have anything better to do? Like combating fatigue?

That announcement is probably the most useless of all. A double ding would suffice. You should be worried about doing takeoff checklists at that point rather than talking to the cattle.

That announcement is probably the most useless of all. A double ding would suffice. You should be worried about doing takeoff checklists at that point rather than talking to the cattle.

CX880........ Are you bitter or just plain naive? I read your post on another thread. Cool your jets!!! The guy makes a valid point and depending on your company SOP, announcements are a part of the pre-takeoff protocol.

CX880........ Are you bitter or just plain naive? I read your post on another thread. Cool your jets!!! The guy makes a valid point and depending on your company SOP, announcements are a part of the pre-takeoff protocol.

Well, technically if the parking break isn't set it is supposed to be just "we are number XX for takeoff, flight attendant please be seated for takeoff." If the break is set, you can say more.

I haven't heard of anyone being violated for this, however.

A quick PA before takeoff seems to ease the pax who are a little uptight...I see it twice a week, every week from the back. Or have you guys forgotten about your passengers? Like NEVER turning off the seatbelt sign, even on 3 hour flights. "Oh, geez, I gotta reach AAAALLLL the way up there and flip that switch ?" Pretty sad guys. Like it or not, you need to think of your passengers.
I doubt that a fed is actually taking issues with the pretakeoff PA. Every airline out there does it, especially the majors. If there is in fact a fed who has a problem with it, I'll bet it would never stand if challenged.

B/s. It is a clear violation of sterile cockpit unless the parking brake is set. Its in the FOM, it's law and it's a violation that can be handed out from a fed riding in the cabin. Captian usually makes PA at the gate, followed by the one prior to takeoff by the FO. Sterile cockpit is a hot topic so crawl back under your rock. You're probably the type who likes to hear himself talk and repeat everything the captain said at the gate but in your own words. Utterly ridiculous. Do it by the book or ill be happy to call pro standards until you catch the drift that this isn't kosher.

I agree there's no need to get long winded on the "Please be seated" PA. The pax have already been welcomed how ever many times by the Flight Attendant, and the CA. They need anther welcome, weather brief etc for their 45 minute flight to Albany by the FO??

B/s. It is a clear violation of sterile cockpit unless the parking brake is set. Its in the FOM, it's law and it's a violation that can be handed out from a fed riding in the cabin. Captian usually makes PA at the gate, followed by the one prior to takeoff by the FO. Sterile cockpit is a hot topic so crawl back under your rock. You're probably the type who likes to hear himself talk and repeat everything the captain said at the gate but in your own words. Utterly ridiculous. Do it by the book or ill be happy to call pro standards until you catch the drift that this isn't kosher.
This is kinda fun!!!! A bunch of "professionals" arguing over something as simple as........ Flight Attendents please prepare for takeoff!!!! As far as contacting Standards....Whats the deal! Getting tired of sipping your beer all by yourself in the hotel bar because your F/Os can`t stand you and the few (female stews) think you are????????????

This is kinda fun!!!! A bunch of "professionals" arguing over something as simple as........ Flight Attendents please prepare for takeoff!!!! As far as contacting Standards....Whats the deal! Getting tired of sipping your beer all by yourself in the hotel bar because your F/Os can`t stand you and the few (female stews) think you are????????????

I guess it's lonely at the top.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back