• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA wins appeal!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still awaiting that answer to be fenced off any wide body flying for the length of your career?!?!?!?!

Yes, evidently you do have amnesia. When I got hired here, AWA was the shark in the industry fish tank. I had fellow new-hires from AA, TWA, Northwest, and a bunch of military guys. We had SWA's team mentality with a great route structure and growth. Thanks to eating a rotting whale, that's no longer the case.

See my previous post, "a little at a time".

"When you don't have anything intelligent to say, spew venom. Classic East post. Just remember, "Mesa Grande" rallied a group of investors together and purchased your about-to-liquidate company. Gosh, that must really sting!QUOTE]"

Well, don't have a dog in this fight, but it is entertaining.

That said, I do have to correct the quote above, which is a very common misconception that I have hear here before. NO ONE, let me repeat NO ONE for Am. West had ANYTHING to do with putting this deal together!!!! peroid.

Next misconception, it also was NOT Lakefield that put the deal together Either!!!

NOW, if anyone is smart enough or informed enough to state 'who' it was that put the deal together, rounded up the outside investors, etc., then I will of course recognize the correct answer.

I only know some of this because a former firm that I worked for handled such dealing and there was A Lot of talk out there about what the 'plan was' Based on this info. it is easy to speculate that people planned the deal LONG, LONG before it was announced, but 'they' (management) did not want to do the deal, until they used BK to drive down (beat down) US Air's costs (wages, benefits, etc.) to make the deal more sellable!!!

Just like when I hear people on here say, 'US Air was almost out of cash and could not even make payroll, and Am. West gave them money to make payroll' Well, that was all a matter of 'book-keeping' and timing of the merger closing; this deal was ALWAYS GOING TO DO THROUGH, it is just business. US Air was set up to have just enough 'dip' financing 'cash' to run it through the 'deal closing' again a 'matter of time' This merger was Planned LONG LONG before it was actually announced, and was going to go through, as it is 'just business'

Anyway, don't meant to interrupt you 'cat fight, family squabble' but again, IF anyone can tell me the name of the guy who put the deal together. You get a 'Gold Star'

Now, back to the 12 page rant.

For what its worth, PD

The west pilots need to realize we are heading for a joint contract within 6 months. you can get aboard the train now or be left at the station. WOO WOO ALLLLL AAAABORAD!

We don't need the west and you guys are about to get what is only fair for all DATE OF HIRE.

Contract in 6 months
Contract in 6 month?????:laugh:
If dougweiser doesn't have you guys pieced out. Guys like you will be lucky to land a job at republic

What did you win?[/QUOTE]

Another way to look at it;

Well, again from an outsider, reading the press release and the info presented; I guess it can be debated what (or how much) USAPA won???

BUT, what is very VERY obvious is that the West pilots (those who sued, et. al.) clearly, undoubtedly LOST!!!!!

So, if you are a former Am. West pilot, I would not be talking about whether the union or the former east pilots 'won' (or what did they win), rather the FACT that you (the former Am. West) LOST, BAD!!!!

for what its worth, PD

Ok, now I am just back to reading and entertaining myself.

What did you win?[/QUOTE]

Another way to look at it;

Well, again from an outsider, reading the press release and the info presented; I guess it can be debated what (or how much) USAPA won???

BUT, what is very VERY obvious is that the West pilots (those who sued, et. al.) clearly, undoubtedly LOST!!!!!

So, if you are a former Am. West pilot, I would not be talking about whether the union or the former east pilots 'won' (or what did they win), rather the FACT that you (the former Am. West) LOST, BAD!!!!

for what its worth, PD

Ok, now I am just back to reading and entertaining myself.

We lost bad? Clearly you haven't read the ruling.

As previous poster said, WE WON TIME. Time can give us very substantial pay raises in a few months. Time can give us, super suction seniority with retirements in about 2 yrs....etc etc etc......

Yeah, but "time" is only working for the bottom half of your seniority list. What about the other half, what do they get?

Still awaiting that answer to be fenced off any wide body flying for the length of your career?!?!?!?!

Are you saying that USAPA would agree to use the Nicolau list if the west agreed to a permanent fence around your widebodies? If so, where do we sign?

I'm willing to be fenced off from your 10 767's and 9 330's, cause that's ALL the east brought to the dance. But every wide body since then plus plus the 3 75's and all 190's should be equally shared. Comprende?

Latest resources

Back