• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA wins appeal!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The East extorted the West to give concessions by threatening to dump ALPA in the hopes of getting around the arbitration. The West didn't give in and the DFR suit was the result. The best defense is a good offense. Sounds good. But I'm sure you're aware that reordering the seniority list isn't good for the West.

That's a funny spin "threatening to dump ALPA." Really, really funny. I believe we did more than threaten. ALPA is gone. But it wasn't any sort of extortion to get West concessions; it was pure, utter hatred for ALPA and all it had become. NIC was only the final, miserable failure of ALPA on this property. We are MUCH better off without them, and as soon as the west stops WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME with this legal battle to cash in and rule the seniority list of an airline system they never could have dreamed of working for.....well, then we'll all be on our way to better conditions.

Either that, or like Crzy says, see you in court in another five years. When we win the LOA93 pay grievance we won't care one way or the other. It's not like we are just dying to access your super awesome, super lucrative PHX domestic flying.

Really TWA......slam dunk?.....9th to blow our heads off when we negotiate DOH?? Up to now you guys, at least in your Internet incarnations, were more than just a bit rude and arrogant; now, y'all just seem pathetic.

Last edited:
That's a funny spin "threatening to dump ALPA." Really, really funny. I believe we did more than threaten. ALPA is gone. But it wasn't any sort of extortion to get West concessions; it was pure, utter hatred for ALPA and all it had become. NIC was only the final, miserable failure of ALPA on this property. We are MUCH better off without them, and as soon as the west stops WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME with this legal battle to cash in and rule the seniority list of an airline system they never could have dreamed of working for

Priceless!:laugh::laugh: Thanks for the laugh.
2 Bankruptcies, a loss of pension, and working for the lowest paid legacy airline.......Really, what's with these AWA pilots? I mean your 30 year 737 captains are just above the pay grade of a 5th year southwest f/o.:laugh::laugh:

Typical short sighted response scope out rj's.

Of course your don't address the bulk of what i said....most importantly, that the west might just consider an end to WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME. Let's move on for the betterment of everyone, for the industry, for the profession.

By the way, I have a serious question for West historians: What was AWA ALPA's stance on seniority integration when the ATA merger was being discussed?

By the way, I have a serious question for West historians: What was AWA ALPA's stance on seniority integration when the ATA merger was being discussed?

Those two lists could have been merged by a ratio or DOH and there would not have been a great deal of difference between the two lists.

Any speculation of an En Banc hearing getting heard? It doesn't seem that this case would rise to that level of interest to warrant one but my guess is that it will be asked for.

Here is a link to the full text of the decision

http://bit.ly/USAPAAppeal

After reading the decision and the dissent I gotta say that it might very well have been that USAPA got the lucky draw of judges. 2-1 with a very compelling dissent doesn't seem like a slam dunk.

I gotta agree though, unless an En Banc is granted...which is fairly rare...or the supreme court approves a cert petition...even more rare and more unlikely, it seems this case is dead.

Latest resources

Back