USAPA wins appeal!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Metrojet -

If the East MEC hadn't pulled out of joint negotiations in 2007 we could've avoided all of this and had a new contract to boot.

But you're right, if we'd acceded to your extortion we'd have saved on legal fees. I have no regrets.

Metrojet -

If the East MEC hadn't pulled out of joint negotiations in 2007 we could've avoided all of this and had a new contract to boot.

But you're right, if we'd acceded to your extortion we'd have saved on legal fees. I have no regrets.

TWA -

In all due respect - I always thought extortion was a threat you make to another party that their will be serious repercussions if you don't do what they ask - Weren't you guys the PLAINTIFF'S? The East didn't sue the West. The East just had a simple majority when we were allowed to vote on a new bargaining agent.

But getting back to the future - I can only speak for myself - but I am ready to fight for a new contract that is beneficial to both the former East and former West

Metrojet

TWA you keep mentioning injunction. Yes the injunction is lifted. BECAUSE the case is dismissed, Thrown out. West told to come back if and when there is a true DFR. At this point in time, there is not one.

Now when something changes, all the sides look at it, look at USAPAs actions, and then they can decide if there is DFR involved. If so, feel free to sue again. But uhmmm....you do understand you start at the beginning. Not the end. Don't think an Injunction is easily put in place instantaneously....

TWA,

How much do you currently owe your lawyers??? Since there will be no legal fees and damages trial?????

The only decision that came down was the case was dismissed. Were there more instructions???

I believe when a case is dismissed, it's over, end of story.

there wasn't any contingencies put on the decision of. Well we aren't going to rule on this now...but USAPA, you can't use DOH.

sure there were opinions, but hey, how many of those are on FI?

Dismissed means, it's done, over with. Come back when something happens and we will start at square one. New jury? Different Judge? Different District? Different lawyers????? Tooo many variables to predict an outcome.

Speaking of outcomes, what's is the west's record of predictions???? At least 0-2????

Unable to get enough Votes for USAPA......Fail...
9th slam dunk....Fail...

Last edited:
In all due respect - I always thought extortion was a threat you make to another party that their will be serious repercussions if you don't do what they ask - Weren't you guys the PLAINTIFF'S?
The East extorted the West to give concessions by threatening to dump ALPA in the hopes of getting around the arbitration. The West didn't give in and the DFR suit was the result. The best defense is a good offense.
But getting back to the future - I can only speak for myself - but I am ready to fight for a new contract that is beneficial to both the former East and former West
Sounds good. But I'm sure you're aware that reordering the seniority list isn't good for the West.

Latest resources

Back