• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA wins appeal!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now when something changes, all the sides look at it, look at USAPAs actions, and then they can decide if there is DFR involved. If so, feel free to sue again. But uhmmm....you do understand you start at the beginning. Not the end.
Yes.
Don't think an Injunction is easily put in place instantaneously....
How long did it take the first time? Something like three months IIRC. That's quick enough.

From the footnotes to the decision.

USAPA’s bargaining
position leaves the Airline to decide between
a lack of a single CBA and an unlawful single CBA

3 We do not address the thorny question of the extent to which the Nicolau Award is binding on USAPA. We note, as the district court recognized, that USAPA is at least as free to abandon the Nicolau Award as was its predecessor, ALPA. The dissent appears implicitly to assume that the Nicolau Award, the product of the internal rules and processes of ALPA, is binding on USAPA. See Diss op. at 8021-22.

So we are pretty much back where we started.

Awsome:
So final and binding only means binding when it works in your favor!
:uzi:USAPA, bringing new definition to the word Sc__!

Like previous posts state, this just means the suit should come after the contract. I don't agree and I'm not surprised there was disention on the panel. The obvious harm was the furloughing of West pilots out of seniority. Just means the trigger was pulled too early coming out of the holster. There are plenty of bullets left in the gun. If you're a low seniority West pilot you should have left a long time ago, furlough or not.

Could've had a new CBA back in 2007.

I disagree. Too many east pilots not willing to vote yes on ANY contract that included the nic. Me included. I think if the former union was still on the property we would still be voting down contracts.

Last edited:
<---- Beginning to think TWA is one of the 1%ers.........

he questions the statement that if you jr AWest you shoulda been gone long ago anyways. Why should the JR leave when they have a chance for such stellar movement when the NIC gets instituted....

Latest resources

Back