• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA sues some America West Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I bet it felt good to make all those calls. Sorta like a kid feels when he finishes grinding all the Crayola crayons on mom's living-room walls.

http://www.planebusiness.com/buzz/awausapa.pdf

55. Between April 21, 2008 and May 1, 2008, approximately 1,481 telephone
calls to the USAPA toll-free number originated from the telephone number (xxx) xxx-
1006 for a total of approximately 9,767 minutes. Upon information and belief, this
telephone number is registered to defendant Cundari at xxxx West Glass Lane, Phoenix,
Arizona 85041.
56. In addition to the above calls made by defendant Cundari from his
residence, he also made 837 calls, for a total of 5,516 minutes, to USAPA’s toll-free
- 14 -

telephone number from his cellular telephone between April 19, 2008 and May 1, 2008.
Upon information and belief, Cundari’s cellular telephone carrier is Verizon Wireless and
his cell phone number is (xxx) xxx-7650.
Case 3:08-cv-00246-GCM Document 1 Filed 05/30/2008 Page 18 of 52

you are correct, those East pilots should have just all given up their seats to the West and gone away. And since they didn't do that the new union should just allow every attack possible by any one of the numerous Internet tough guys to slowly drain resources. How dare they try and stop someone from using the Safety hotline for political purposes!

What seats were taken away from them?

It seems to me that this suit gives AWAPPA some serious credibility in the sense that USAPA is scared enough to try and shut them up.

The really sad part is that most of the AWA pilots I've spoken to are actually ok with an in house association. If you East folks would just drop the DOH attitude I think most of us would be ok with USAPA.

I love the comments in the suit and on this board that say it was democratic process that allowed USAPA to replace ALPA. Its like we've been brainwashed to believe that as long as it was voted by democratic process it must be ok. This is a clear example of why democracy is bad and why the founding fathers created the U.S. the be a Democratic Republic.

I read that democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding whats for dinner. Unfortunately for USAPA the AWA sheep came ready to fight.

A vote for USAPA was a vote for disaster.

What seats were taken away from them?
None, Nic has not been used.

It seems to me that this suit gives AWAPPA some serious credibility in the sense that USAPA is scared enough to try and shut them up.
Scared? I must disagree on that count. USAPA had no choice, what were they to do, nothing? Running up phone bills was bad enough, but using the safety hotline for this crap had to stop.

Wow, talk about a desperate scatter-shot.

Jury trial! Dream on! I don't think this case will last 10 minutes in front of a judge. Federal RICO requires extortion (or murder, kidnapping, arson, robbery, bribery, or drug dealing) ...even if all of there allegations are true there was no demand for property/money therefore there is no extortion....therefore Federal RICO laws and I suspect NC RICO laws do not apply. If you told the owner of a Diner that "if you don't give me 1.0 million dollars I will tell everyone your food sucks" you would be guilty of extortion. If you told everyone through web postings, etc. that "the food sucks" and it caused the diner to lose 1.0 dollars you might be guilty of defamation but you are not guilty of extortion.

As far as the $300,000 a month, it seems to me that the primary beef is with US Air not enforcing the Agency Shop provisions of the contract not with the AWAPPA.

Good luck.

What's with providing all of the AWA pilots' addresses? That would seem like a breach of privacy to me....

Unbelievable. USAPA is a joke. Good luck AWA homies.

What's with providing all of the AWA pilots' addresses? That would seem like a breach of privacy to me....

Unbelievable. USAPA is a joke. Good luck AWA homies.

You see that, USCABASSes? Even the APA members think you're a joke, not just the ALPA members. What a fine little mess you've created for yourselves.

No sense in letting a dead dog lie when you can kick the sh!t out of him in public.

I used to feel sorry for the Cactus dudes. Now it's turned to pity. Poor guys.

Gup

Latest resources

Back