• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa lost!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For all fellow Professional Airline Pilots, thank you for your support and please continue to pay attention to the 1700 AWA pilots who are far from goal line. Always, Always, Always remember, Out West, Integrity matters!

Like Marty said in closing arguments, "a deal is a deal" and integrity is not a slogan to be mocked by questionable testimony.

They did not do anything. We are pilots. Even if it is true that America West saved US Airways from liquidation, the America West pilots had nothing to do with it just as the US Airways' pilots had nothing to do with US Airways failing. It is obvious now that the Nicolau award was extremely unfair. It might have been fair at that point in time, but now it has been proven that NIC did not account for the East attrition and recalls. The East had merger protection in their contract saying DOH while the West had no merger protection. I have no idea why the East pilots even agreed to arbitration. The East pilots do not want the West positions. They just want what they brought to the merger.

Whatever Sully....listen, your GROUP agreed to something---called binding arbitration. He ruled after testimony. It was not unfair, it was agreed upon beforehand. In other words, YOU LOST AND YOU BABIES SHOULD QUIT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. Why again did the East agree to BINDING arbitration when they had a contract saying DOH in a merger? Shouldn't that have been brought up FIRST? Face it, you LOST and will lose the next round if it goes that far. You won't get a new contract until you accept the Nic Award, and that means less pay until then.

Bye Bye---General Lee

IMHO Gen Lee was on the losing side of the SLI. But we agreed to the result and will live by it.

I think I may have lost a percentage or two total,(relative) but I am not unhappy with the results. I thought they were fair overall.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Good on you MKMAN. You have stated it the case perfectly while maintaining your dignity in the face of the shameful lack of Integrity on the part of the East.
Best of luck to you and your fellows.

They did not do anything.

This is the most clueless thing I've read in quite some time. Just........wow. Reaching '9/11 truther' levels of ignorance.

Last edited:
I think I may have lost a percentage or two total,(relative) but I am not unhappy with the results. I thought they were fair overall.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well, the big difference between Delta and NWA merger and the AAA AWA merger was that Delta had recalled all their furloughees prior to the merger.

Had Delta merged while in BK a few years ago and while Delta had over a thousand on the street like AAA AMR UAL etc after 9/11 with AWA for example and the arbitraitor hands you a list 2 years later all the while you have recalled due to your side filling vacancies you created and then places all the now active Delta pilots hired in 2000 below new 2005 hires it would have been a windfall for AWA.

Every big airline had pilots on the street after 9/11. When the list AWA and AAA got awarded in May 2007, the most junior AWA moved up 25% on the combined list. The Arbitraitor Nicolau did not care that AAA was recalling at records pace to fill the age 60 retirements all the while shrinking to little over 210 airplanes. AWA got a Windfall, which ALPA policy says to avoid. Moving up 25% is a windfall on the backs of EAST pilots.

The big differnce between Delta NWA merger and the AWA AAA merger was the fact that no pilots were on furlough and that your relative seniority position did not change much when the list came out. At AWA, the most junior guy suddenly had 800 pilots below him.

M

Last edited:
The big differnce between Delta NWA merger and the AWA AAA merger was the fact that no pilots were on furlough and that your relative seniority position did not change much when the list came out. At AWA, the most junior guy suddenly had 800 pilots below him.

Back when DAL had people on furlough, so did NWA. But it doesn't matter. An actively employed pilot should not go behind a pilot who is on furlough. I thought the Nic award was about right. Not perfect, but for reasons other than the treatment of the furloughed pilots.

Did the most junior AWA pilot suddenly have 800 pilots below him, or 800 furloughed pilots below him? Big difference.

All furloughees were offered recall when the list came out. So, i do not know the exact number but in was maybe around 500 active and by the end of the year 800 active. They would have been back sooner, but they could only handle so many classes. They were using Jetblue sims to cover the need for the recallees.

M

Always, Always, Always remember, Out West, Integrity matters!

I really hate to burst your integrity bubble but that is not true of everyone on the west. I don't think the first officer that flipped me off doing my walk around out in LAX had much integrity. I wonder if I was a guy, if he would have done the same? But I'm sure you think he's correct in what he did and can make lots of excuses for him right? Because he's a westie. So would it be fair for me to think all westies are like this loser? Not all east pilots are as you guys describe also. Maybe if you want some change someday, a great place to work where your proud to go to work, find a way to make it happen. As it stands BOTH sides are affected by whats going on.

MCDU:

Remember one thing, it your memory can handle it. (I know you hate the West.)

Negiotiations for the seniority list merger started in the Fall of 2005. NO, and I mean no one was recalled at that point. It would have been impossible to develop a list without picking a date in time and using that seniority list. What you want the merger committee to keep taking new pictures.

By the way, I am sure you have forgotten this also. AWA retired 100 plus pilots from end of 2005 to 2008. Guess how many new hires 25. Why because the flying was being put out East and with the E190s. East was starting to fly some West routes. Company did not want to hire on both sides of the fence. Makes more business sense to hire on one or the other. (Oh yeah they make less money too.)

So before anymore spouts about how the East did not benefit in this merger, get the facts. I feel for the pilots at US Airways, they have suffered just like United pilots have suffered. They are no different, except they think AWA pilots should suffer.

By the way I was in the 92% at AWA when we merged. Guess where I am on the Nic 92%. Nothing changed. I got nothing. The top 500 positions on the NIC went to the top 500 US Airways pilots. Guess how many posiition the number 1 guys at AWA lost, 500. Yes, he had been at the company for 27 years. Believe me, the top guys at AWA did not think this was fair either. Bet you also forgot that. Some people lost, some people gained.

Now I am tired of this US Airways banter. I went through it in 2000 at UAL when US Airways wanted DOH and takeover the 777/747 captain seats. They only way those East would of flown an airplane that size in 2000 was in their dreams. Now they are attempting the same thing. Don't tell its different.

Go back to school, get a business degree and learn how business works. I will repeat management has won and the stupid pilots have let it happen, nothing more nothing less. I would do the same thing if I were management and wanted a group of employee divided.

Again go get an education and stop spouting off facts that you have no knowledge of.

Last edited:

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah, you lost 1% right now and gain between 10-25% over the next 10 years with attrition from the NWA side, as I lose the same 10%. "I'm not unhappy with the results", what an buttplug.

Although I agree that this ruling is what it should be with regards to the USAir/AWA merger, GL is still a tool.

Latest resources

Back