• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa lost!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One side clearly wants the award implemented, while the other is going down fighting. Better to die standing up then to live on your knees. (Zapata)

M

You are joking, right? When have they ever "stood up" and fought? You've got to be kidding me. Pensions... LOA 93... Lost arbitration after lost arbitration... The "max pay to the last day" cry is getting a bit old. They didn't stand and fight over the major issues, and they won't stand and fight now. It is all rhetorical posturing by a small group of self-centered ego-maniacs. Besides, under LOA 93, they don't even live on their knees... they live bent over and taking it from the rear.

Thus far, getting furloughed from that mess was the best thing that could have happened to me. (I just hope the West guys get what they deserve -- either their jobs back or at least get paid from USAPA assessments)

For years the rally cry of the usair pilot group has been not "the concession stand is closed" but "well at least I still have a job"

The piloting career is truly in your debt.

Said the MDA F/O that never interviewed at Mainline or flew a mainline aircraft..........

:pimp:
Yea, he missed out on the "tell me about a time" and the all important, "what would you do with a drunk Captain" question. (they did have all, and I mean all of his records for his entire career, even training notes)
But what he did do was quit his job at a WO and put it on the line going through training at Airways. Which was filled with the attitudes just like yours that because he flew a Dash there was no way he could fly the big jets. But then something happened, they unlike you realized that maybe with the 10,000 hours they averaged, they actually have a clue.
Something else also happened when he showed up in Airways ground school, he was welcomed to "mainline" told about his union reps ( mainline) and given a Seniority number (mainline). I know you reject these facts, and there is nothing I can do about it. His name appears on Airways lists prior to any merger being announced, I still cant figure out how some of you even argue that, its in print for crying out loud. But whatever.

I am very sorry you are getting hosed being furloughed, most of us have been there and we know exactly what you are going through. No matter how much you hate the East pilots, they are not the ones that furloughed you, no power to do so even if that is what they wanted (its not). Management, your beloved Doug furloughed you.
Why dont you ask your rep in PHX if there are/were any contingencies to mitigate furloughes from the west by replaceing some voluntary east leaves? Then ask him why he did not bring that idea forward at the last union meeting?

I'm surprised that no one has brought up the safety implications that this award has conceived. It is obvious from what has been mutually said and done, that it will be practically impossible for an east & west pilot to share the flight deck without serious safety concerns. I am sure the FAA is closely monitoring this. And if they're not, perhaps they should. It is obvious that a hostile work environment laced in mistrust, deep hatred, and resentment, is a recipe for disaster. As this saga continues down this path of auto destruction the name calling and inflammation will escalate. The mutual hatred will boil over, and permanent damage will be done.
To the east guys, the real failure goes to your ignorant-arrogant merger committee for failing to negotiate a fair integration. To the west guys, life is never sweet when you take that which is not yours.
In the end US Airways will rank #1 in worst place to work for in the WORLD!!!
My recommendation to all involved, GET A JOB ELSE WERE. This place is toast!!

It is obvious that a hostile work environment laced in mistrust, deep hatred, and resentment, is a recipe for disaster. As this saga continues down this path of auto destruction the name calling and inflammation will escalate. The mutual hatred will boil over, and permanent damage will be done.

Here is an example of professionalism exhibited by an East pilot to a West pilot this morning. Talk about hostile work environment!

Attacked in SMF
The following event occurred in Sacramento, Ca on May,16 2009 at 8:00 am. On the hotel van to the airport were the crews from US 976 and US 42.

ME: Only one leg home today?

FO 976: (silence)

Me: Are there mostly 2 day trips in PHL?

FO 976: (silence)

Me (to my capt.): I think I'm getting the silent treatment.

FO 976: If your getting the silent treatment then why don't you shut up. I'm not giving you crap about your trip.

Me: I was just asking....

FO 976: I don't give a **** about you or your trip.

Silence from all for the rest of the van ride.

After exiting the van at the airport curb within earshot of passengers.

Me: I was just trying to be nice and have a conversation

FO 976: **** You !!

Me: I don't appreciate that language or hostility

FO 976: Go **** yourself. **** You. **** You. **** You. I don't give a **** about about you or your partner.

At this point we parted ways as he bypassed security (FFDO).

The flight attendants from Flight 976 then apologized for his behavior and thanked me for walking away from the situation

The FO was hired in 1989 and was on furlough at the time of the merger.
Have a nice day.

Latest resources

Back