• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa lost!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here is an example of professionalism exhibited by an East pilot to a West pilot this morning. Talk about hostile work environment!

Attacked in SMF
The following event occurred in Sacramento, Ca on May,16 2009 at 8:00 am. On the hotel van to the airport were the crews from US 976 and US 42.

ME: Only one leg home today?

FO 976: (silence)

Me: Are there mostly 2 day trips in PHL?

Me (to my capt.): I think I'm getting the silent treatment.

FO 976: If your getting the silent treatment then why don't you shut up. I'm not giving you crap about your trip.

Me: I was just asking....

FO 976: I don't give a **** about you or your trip.

Silence from all for the rest of the van ride.

After exiting the van at the airport curb within earshot of passengers.

Me: I was just trying to be nice and have a conversation

FO 976: **** You !!

Me: I don't appreciate that language or hostility

FO 976: Go **** yourself. **** You. **** You. **** You. I don't give a **** about about you or your partner.

At this point we parted ways as he bypassed security (FFDO).

The flight attendants from Flight 976 then apologized for his behavior and thanked me for walking away from the situation

The FO was hired in 1989 and was on furlough at the time of the merger.
Have a nice day.

So let me get this straight this happened on Sat at 8am and gets posted at 6:30pm on flight info? Did it happen to you? or is it third party information? If it happened to you sounds like a huge set up to me. If the guy didn't want to make conversation with you why did you keep bugging him just to get the kind of reaction you got so you could run and tell somebody? My 4 year old does that to buddy your in good company.

Here is an example of professionalism exhibited by an East pilot to a West pilot this morning. Talk about hostile work environment!

Attacked in SMF
The following event occurred in Sacramento, Ca on May,16 2009 at 8:00 am. On the hotel van to the airport were the crews from US 976 and US 42.

FO 976: If your getting the silent treatment then why don't you shut up. I'm not giving you crap about your trip.

FO 976: Go **** yourself. **** You. **** You. **** You. I don't give a **** about about you or your partner.

The flight attendants from Flight 976 then apologized for his behavior and thanked me for walking away from the situation

Have a nice day.

This is absolutely nothing compared to what is coming down the road. AWA pilots are dreaming of their windfall and have absolutely no concept of the powder keg that is set to go off.

Do you really think you are going to ride into town and steal our jobs? Good luck - you are going to need it.

Flyunder

This is absolutely nothing compared to what is coming down the road. AWA pilots are dreaming of their windfall and have absolutely no concept of the powder keg that is set to go off.

Do you really think you are going to ride into town and steal our jobs? Good luck - you are going to need it.

Flyunder

Oh man...that is awesome. Thanks for the good laugh. Lemme guess, you were in the famed "Embraer Division"? How is it some of you East guys can talk so tough in front of the keyboard but yet you won't even make eye contact with me us the terminal?

LOL..."powder keg". :rolleyes:

Attacked in SMF

Have a nice day.

Looks like you ran into the former ALPA spokesman Mr. Nice. Thats freundlich in german.

M

Oh man...that is awesome. Thanks for the good laugh. Lemme guess, you were in the famed "Embraer Division"? How is it some of you East guys can talk so tough in front of the keyboard but yet you won't even make eye contact with me us the terminal?

LOL..."powder keg". :rolleyes:

They are trying to get you to come to their sandbox and throw sand in your face. Don't waste your time.

Because it ignores the huge factor of what the company will do with the flying/domicile mix. We all are aware of what happened to PSA flying, and most AWA guys are wary of a repeat performance. In addition, who is going to fill all of the right seats back east after all of these attrition upgrades? New hires, right? Are you trying to say that a new hire should be able to bid those seats and a west guy should not?

Because we were furloughed before the "third list" new hires in direct violation of the transition agreement. This was so egregious that I don't even think most east guys saw it as fair (though USAPA didn't do much to rectify it). As for parity, the west is all for it. But no one is stupid enough to just grant it without a joint contract/seniority award, as that would effectively end all contract negotiations for the next 10 years.

Maybe that ship has sailed....when faced with possible mergers with us, both DAL and UAL MECs brought the grenades into the board room, pulled the pins, and promised to toss them on the table if management didn't cease and desist merger explorations. Contrary to your claim, there is no uncertainty--everyone in the industry knows that a merger with US Air has only one possible outcome: misery.

Honestly, no flame here either--but how do we get back to negotiating once the whole process has moved to litigation? The reasonable conclusion is that now, post Addington, the Nic is going to be part of any deal made, and all parties can now resume getting the best possible contract out of Parker & Kirby. But after reading USAPA's concession message :rolleyes:, I would say we're closer to where we were 2 years ago, when the chorus from the east was "No joint contract = no Nic." The big difference now is that back then, you could find west guys that would have agreed to some form of fences or attrition protection for the east side, but after 2 years of hell and a slam dunk DFR win, attitudes have changed to much more hardline (and rightfully so!). When USAPA loses the last available appeal, will there finally be meaningful negotiation, or more stonewalling?

UALjan15 -

I appreciate your honest answers. I agree that everyone has taken a hardline "in the sand". I am waiting to see what Judge Wake is planning to say next week - but from the initial look - he is not going to take away anyones right to vote on a joint contract - and as I said before - if "Nic" in the current form is part of any proposal - I just don't see the votes for a joint CBA to pass (see my comments earlier about the 517 getting pay raises as they turn 60 and start PBGC benefits).

That being said - to answer what happens if there are vacancies (east or west) with a fence - if no one bids the position - then it is open to anyone system wide to bid - check with your USAPA Phx Rep -

As to the "third list" that your referenced to in your comments about furlough - because of separate contracts - that is how it went down - do I think it is fair? do I see where your coming from - yes - I was just discussing this with someone yesterday and yea - I would be real angry if I were in your shoes.

Now we have to wait, and wait, and wait - while Parker and Kirby et al, keep all 5000 of us at the bottom of the industry. Until we all realize and come to a mutual agreement with the "Nic" - that it is up to each one of us as individuals to negotiate a better contract - you do not get paid what your worth - you get paid what you negotiate - we need each other (and many would probably disagree with me!) to show we are 5000 strong.

Metrojet

Lemme guess, you were in the famed "Embraer Division"? How is it some of you East guys can talk so tough in front of the keyboard but yet you won't even make eye contact with me us the terminal?

You would be wrong about the "division". Can't speak for others, but I personally have no problem making "eye contact" with anyone - I don't talk to AWA pilots because they are beneath contempt.

No "keyboard talk" here - just the facts. I can pretty much guarantee you that the ugliness is just getting started. Wish it wasn't so - but it is.

FlyUnder

as I said before - if "Nic" in the current form is part of any proposal - I just don't see the votes for a joint CBA to pass (see my comments earlier about the 517 getting pay raises as they turn 60 and start PBGC benefits).

It is quite possible that the Nicolau award can be implemented by the Court even without a joint CBA. And that is one of the remedies sought in this litigation.

C. The Court has authority and discretion to order the Airline to begin using the Nicolau Award for promotions and furloughs by a date certain, even if a single CBA is not yet finalized.
The Ninth Circuit allows a district court to impose an interim scheme for furlough order and promotion order while the union complies with the court’s remedy of unfair representation in the context of a seniority merger.​
See Bernard v. Air Line Pilots Assn., Intl., 873 F.2d 213, 215 (9th Cir. 1989).

The judgment approved in
Bernard “vacated and set aside [an existing] seniority integration agreement … and … specified the basis by which pilots would be furloughed, promoted and given flying assignments in the interim period until a new agreement could be reached.” Id. (emphasis added).

Following
Bernard, this Court has authority and discretion to direct the Airline to begin using the Nicolau Award for promotions, furloughs, and
giving flying assignments before a single CBA is finalized.

Plaintiffs concede, however, that prior to doing so, the Court should afford the Airline opportunity to be heard. (See doc 439).

No "keyboard talk" here - just the facts. I can pretty much guarantee you that the ugliness is just getting started. Wish it wasn't so - but it is.

FlyUnder

Probably wouldn't be so ugly if you kept your word and honored your agreements.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back