• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa Dfr

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, that would be based on the Nic award seniority. It's just that almost none of the furloughed east pilots on the bottom portion of the Nic award came back to work, so it pretty much goes from AWA to east new-hires.

HAL

And the ones that did come west were quietly sent back east, retrained and put back on line. All the while the company and UCRAPA saying that it is impossible to cross train pilots. Oh...with the exception of the 6 guys that went back east.

The papertrail that UCRAPA and the company has left behind is staggering. I believe the DFR trial will be short and sweet. I wonder how the rank and file East pilot is going to feel paying an assessment for the damages caused by UCRAPA's actions.

For all you newbies to the Industry. Empire merged with Piedmont, not USAIR. Piedmont did not support DOH when they merged with USAIR a few years later,
because they had Capt. upgrading in 2-3 years. DOH sorts itself out in the long run. Just ask many of the former Piedmont pilots that now realize that DOH with C&R does justice in the long run.

Trump pilots got better then DOH, since they resigned from Eastern and started at a whole new Airline. Eastern was still in business went they left Eastern and went to Trump Shuttle. They resigned from Eastern. Shuttle pilots was a weird situation. How that was handled remains questionable. They should have gotten Trump DOH with C&R, instead they got better then DOH thanks to our friend Nicolau.

USAIR has always been about DOH.

Everything the Westies predict:

USAPA will not be voted in, will never have the numbers=wrong
USAPA will not have enough money=wrong
USAPA will never get benefits that ALPO provided=wrong
USAPA will not be recognized by the company = wrong

Everything the Junior Westies predict on this forum has and will be wrong. The majority rules. Not a bunch of 30 year olds that want to leap frog 15 years. Like I said, O Dell would go from 99 % to 75% in a merged list using the Nic list. That is a windfall on the backs of East jobs.

M

the way i read it is the ruling will try and make the joint contract be negotiated under NIC - but anything that goes to the pilot group (east/west) for a vote that has anything but DOH will be voted down because simple fact that east has more numbers. so in the end its gonna be DOH anyway by strong arm (more numbers east).

Im not sure I would listen to the FI.COM legal team on here. You have to remember they are (for the most part) junior AWA FO's making these posts.

The AWA FO's (on here at least) want the East pilots to take the furlough for their lost flying out of LAS/PHX.

Why is it then, that what the AWA junior FO's say more closely matches what the Judge said than what the Angry junior FO's club running usapa have to say??

Fast

For all you newbies to the Industry. Empire merged with Piedmont, not USAIR. Piedmont did not support DOH when they merged with USAIR a few years later,
because they had Capt. upgrading in 2-3 years. DOH sorts itself out in the long run. Just ask many of the former Piedmont pilots that now realize that DOH with C&R does justice in the long run.

Trump pilots got better then DOH, since they resigned from Eastern and started at a whole new Airline. Eastern was still in business went they left Eastern and went to Trump Shuttle. They resigned from Eastern. Shuttle pilots was a weird situation. How that was handled remains questionable. They should have gotten Trump DOH with C&R, instead they got better then DOH thanks to our friend Nicolau.

USAIR has always been about DOH.

Everything the Westies predict:

USAPA will not be voted in, will never have the numbers=wrong
USAPA will not have enough money=wrong
USAPA will never get benefits that ALPO provided=wrong
USAPA will not be recognized by the company = wrong

Everything the Junior Westies predict on this forum has and will be wrong. The majority rules. Not a bunch of 30 year olds that want to leap frog 15 years. Like I said, O Dell would go from 99 % to 75% in a merged list using the Nic list. That is a windfall on the backs of East jobs.

M

Doosh,

If UsAir was always about DOH and now usapa claims the same.

Why is it then that usapa denies the Empire and Shuttle guys their DOH. You have claimed that usapa has the ability to apply a wide range of reasonableness when crafting a Seniority list. Under that premise they have the ability to do just that. But imagine that they are not and are being sued.

You guys over here do not get DOH and you guys over here MUST have DOH.

Seems consistant.

Fast

Thats like AWA pilots asking for their Mesa DOH in 1998.

M

the way i read it is the ruling will try and make the joint contract be negotiated under NIC - but anything that goes to the pilot group (east/west) for a vote that has anything but DOH will be voted down because simple fact that east has more numbers. so in the end its gonna be DOH anyway by strong arm (more numbers east).

I would assume that if the judge says the arbitration stands you will see a large amount of East pilots finally focus on a contract. Do you honestly think that the east captains will continue to vote to stay under LOA 93 to expressly help some former furloughed pilots that are now recalled? Won't happen. The emotion is starting to wear off from the east captains. It will be interesting to watch though.

PS. If UCRAPA loses the DFR suit I think you will see them negotiating to implement the nic instead of assessing ALL east pilots for a 8 figure damage award. Bradford and the rest of the UCRAPA brain trust will need security to protect them from the east pilots.

Thats like AWA pilots asking for their Mesa DOH in 1998.

M

Uh, yeah...it's exactly like that...but totally different. Evidently, you aren't aware that Mesa IS a different company and WASN'T purchased by America West. Try to stay with the group, please.

A very large contingent of East Coast Pilots are already meeting with former America West Pilots in an effort to put this all behind us and move on with the seniority list that was arbitrated. Apparenty many east pilots have decided that USAPA Leadership needs to be removed and that the real battle is our work rules and pay. Stay tuned for highlights. USAPA is already crumbling from the inside out.

Anger, while volatile, doesn't have the BTU's Ambition does. Cooperation is an productivity multiplier.

If this rumor of cooperation proves to be true, it is very good news.

Latest resources

Back