USAirways Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't worry. The Nicolau decision will ultimately prevail.[/quote]

Dream on. Still trying to cash that lottery ticket.
Well that ticket went bye bye.

There are 2 pilot groups and two seniority systems. As long as we are separate, the only thing I see as a possibility is that a Westie can go to the bottom of the East list once we have recalled all East furloughees. I highly doubt that there will be ever any recalls out West. The only hope for a AWA furloughee is for a DOH list to be implemented. That would get AWA pilots back.

M

Last edited:
Don't worry. The Nicolau decision will ultimately prevail.

M[/QUOTE]

I don't think a number at US Airways could EVER be referred to as a 'lottery ticket.' What a joke... Your 30 year A330 captains make less than 5 year SWA captains. Some lottery ticket.......lol

Iguess that means if we merge with a new partner while you are on furlough you will be put at the bottom of the list behind the new hires that are still on the east because you bring nothing to the merger.

How does it feel westie.

I wouldn't expect to be junior to the new hires currently on the east becasue they occupy a position that (through no fault of their own, and I don't blame them for not throwing themselves on the sword) doesn't belong to them by anybodys senority standard DOH, LOS, NIC

But in realtionship to new hires at the company we merge with...
I certainly wouldn't expect to come back as a senior FO or even a Capt. like many East furloughs want.

I'll put it here for all to see...

If this sh_t hole that is the 'New USAirways' shrinks for years and ends up on the verge of liquidation like the old USAir and we get bought (or Merged) with a compay who has recently hired and/ or has nobody on furlough I WILL EXPECT TO BE PUT JUNIOR TO THEIR MOST JUNIOR ACTIVE PILOT and if I take the job @ recall I will appreciate the fact that without this new merger I would STILL be unemployed.

There you have it...
If I'm on furlough @ the time of a merger I expect and accept being placed junior to all active pilots on the other companies senority list

Last edited:
Don't worry. The Nicolau decision will ultimately prevail.

There are 2 pilot groups and two seniority systems. As long as we are separate, the only thing I see as a possibility is that a Westie can go to the bottom of the East list once we have recalled all East furloughees. I highly doubt that there will be ever any recalls out West. The only hope for a AWA furloughee is for a DOH list to be implemented. That would get AWA pilots back.

M[/quote]

Mr.MCDU

There are actually 3 lists currently in effect. If you read the Trans Agreement. You will see among the obligations the east is expected to live up to, is the contractual agreement by the Company to Furlough all 3 listers before any east or west pilot. The rationale for this is not DOH, LOS or even the Nicolau list. But plainly the 3rd listers should be furloughed first because that is what the Company agreed to. Interestingly furloughing the 3rd listers FIRST is comensurate with DOH,LOS and NIC. Most are aware of how fondly usapa feels about DOH and LOS. By both DOH and LOS this Furlough is not occuring properly. Yet we hear nothing from the "Union by Pilots for Pilots" who are responsible like or not to represent all LCC pilots east or west. To not do so is in bad form and opens ones union up to litigation.

Fast

Those who treat MCDUH as anything but a chain-yanker are wasting their time.

The east is the nexus of ignorance and dishonesty and they will likely never change.

Should AWA pilots be included as active pilots in case of a merger? Or should we treat them like the MDA pilots?

The Nic award listed MDA pilots as furloughed. You can not be furloughed and hold an ALPA postion as did the PHL treasurer at the time. US Air confirmed MDA pilots are active USAIR pilots at time of merger. MDA pilots got no furlough pay and like AWA pilots were restricted in their bidding options which was wrong and being fought.

MDA pilots had jobs at the time of merger and all got stapled. Some with 17 years of service. Like it or not MDA was part of USAIR. Same certificate. Same call sign, everything. Kind of what AWA is now.

AWA pilots can dream of Nic, but it will never happen. Nic is a total disregard of union principles. It left active pilots with 17 years of service behind probation pilots. The east attrition belongs to East pilots.

M

Should AWA pilots be included as active pilots in case of a merger? Or should we treat them like the MDA pilots?
Should you be treated other than the miserable carrot yanker than you are?

The Nic award listed MDA pilots as furloughed. You can not be furloughed and hold an ALPA postion as did the PHL treasurer at the time. US Air confirmed MDA pilots are active USAIR pilots at time of merger. MDA pilots got no furlough pay and like AWA pilots were restricted in their bidding options which was wrong and being fought.
And this has what to do with you paying for your job at Gulfstream?

MDA pilots had jobs at the time of merger and all got stapled. Some with 17 years of service. Like it or not MDA was part of USAIR. Same certificate. Same call sign, everything. Kind of what AWA is now.

I heard that you and the founder of Gulfstream have a lot in common!

AWA pilots can dream of Nic, but it will never happen. Nic is a total disregard of union principles. It left active pilots with 17 years of service behind probation pilots. The east attrition belongs to East pilots.

M

And PFT belongs to MCdoush!

Run along Mcdoush, recess is almost over.

Latest resources

Back