• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Cactusboy, You clowns out west are real pros and well respected, flickin off other pilots as they do a walk around or shoulder checkin some guy in terminal. Think what you want. I've got numerous friends at SWA and they say you westies just can't shut the f#ck up when you ride on them. Get over it the Nic award is worth about as much as the toilet paper in the PHX terminal.

I can't speak for other Cactus pilots, but I don't flip off anyone (or do shoulder checks). What is do is smile and wave or say "hello". I do appreciate the support offered to former America West employees by all other pilots and other airline personnel.

We were a 'go-along-to-get-along" group largely. I do not force my opinion on anyone, but if asked I offer a thumb-nail sketch of what's going on. We are simply sick of the crap and amazed at what this process has turned into.

I don't have to worry about getting over the Nic decision, because it is sitting on Mr. Parker's desk. That document was delivered by ALPA, and accepted by Mr. Parker as within the confines of his requirements for a combined list.

I don't have to worry about getting over the Nic decision, because it is sitting on Mr. Parker's desk. That document was delivered by ALPA, and accepted by Mr. Parker as within the confines of his requirements for a combined list.

you actually think parker cares???

Dream on. Still trying to cash that lottery ticket.
Well that ticket went bye bye.

M

I don't think a number at US Airways could EVER be referred to as a 'lottery ticket.' What a joke... Your 30 year A330 captains make less than 5 year SWA captains. Some lottery ticket.......lol[/quote]

Very true, but working at US Airways is better than being a Mesa pilot, Walmart greeter, or being furloughed/collecting unemployment.......
one's perspective rapidly changes when you are trying to save the house and keep food on the table for your 2 and 5 year old.
Welcome to my new world....

Keep the Hatfield and McKoy (east/west) b1t(h fest going, I'm sure all it's doing a lot of good to help out those of us that are getting laid off..... (sarcasm implied).

I didn't choose which side of the Mississippi I got based on, I was told not that very long ago in indoc.
I figured I'd make the best of it and eventually relocate. I have many close friends on both the East and West side, but all you die hards need to just "grow the F up"! It amazes me to see grown men act like a bunch of high school kids... It really is time to pull your heads out of the "up lock position" and start working on a contract rather than fighting you fellow pilots. Why don't you shelve the "arbitrators ruling" for now since it's out of your hands and you are not a Judge (leave it for the next ruling and next bunch of attorneys that will get rich) and use this hostility and energy to fight the real enemy..... our screwed up management that thinks we can save the airline by charging $2 for a can of coke?
Doug has to love the infighting here because he will play you two groups for all it is worth.... secretly of course but he will. The longer we are at odds the longer he has the upper hand. It's a shame most of you will not realize it until it's too late......

It left active pilots with 17 years of service behind probation pilots. The east attrition belongs to East pilots.

M

I'm not trying to fight with you here MCDU but weren't those pilots on furlough? I don't necessarily agree with shi11ing on the furlough pilots because one of my closest (East) friends was in that group as I will be too. Hasn't that always been the policy with our "lovely" unions? The furlough pilots are not active so there fore they take it in the shorts?
I think your attrition comment will only be valid only until Parker can find way a way to integrate but that of course will be hundreds of thousands of dollars in attorneys fees and years away.....

Unless there is another bankruptcy before then.

Hey Cactusboy, You clowns out west are real pros and well respected, flickin off other pilots as they do a walk around or shoulder checkin some guy in terminal. Think what you want. I've got numerous friends at SWA and they say you westies just can't shut the f#ck up when you ride on them. Get over it the Nic award is worth about as much as the toilet paper in the PHX terminal.

Hey surfnfly there are hard core dou(hee bags on both sides..... and don't forget it!

Yes, we should all strive to post like the westies!

Ahh, all is right with the world now.

No but I think everyone should act like an adult and a so called "professional"....

Ok someone else can post here now ....I'm done.

Latest resources

Back