• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Republic has no rigs and their 190 pay is the highest paying airplane which they don't even have any on property. Thank god for scope. Look at their co pilot pay and compare to US Airways. The new pay rates offered by USAPA are quite impressive, best pay rate by far over SWA, FED EX, etc. Just got to get drunk doug to sign off and both groups to agree to a seniority list. Doug wants west pay plus 3%. Good thing the amer west pilots agreed to fly the A330 at the same pay as bankrupt US Airways pay rates. We are all hopeless at US Airways!!!!

Another clueless newbie released from the commuter netherworld drinking the usapa kool aid. The payrates were offered by usapa.They sure in hell wont be accepted by Parker. Not in todays economic enviroment. Nice to see the newbies on the east side aren't any smarter than the idiots they fly with :rolleyes:

PHXFLYR

I have got to believe that USair with its current implosion has convienced all CEO' BOD's etc... to never touch that with a ten foot pole. the pilot merger "problem" has in my opinion made your company untouchable. Why step into that pile when you can just sit back watch the carnage and step in after words and pick it clean. Just my opinion.

Which is what Parker and his hedge fund buddies should have done while the old USAir was floundering around during their 2nd trip thru Bankruptcy.

PHXFLYR:cool:

The new pay rates offered by USAPA are quite impressive, best pay rate by far over SWA, FED EX, etc. Just got to get drunk doug to sign off and both groups to agree to a seniority list.

That's some of the funniest crap I've read on this board in a long time. It's that whole "get management to sign off on those payrates" that could prove challenging there, skippy.

[/i][/b]

Which is what Parker and his hedge fund buddies should have done while the old USAir was floundering around during their 2nd trip thru Bankruptcy.

PHXFLYR:cool:

You know the answer to that one....too many people saw a way to get rich with this deal. It was never about whether the combined airline would actually work. No one really believed US Airways' out-of-control cost structure would ever be tamed. The west employees were shafted the day this abortion was announced. And the east pilots had enough experience with their own airline to know this. From day one their strategy has been to delay the proceedings at all costs because they knew the west was doomed and massive job losses on the west side were inevitable. I'd say they've been quite successful with their strategy so far.

That's some of the funniest crap I've read on this board in a long time. It's that whole "get management to sign off on those payrates" that could prove challenging there, skippy.

Shh. They know everything.

Most will be retired before Parker gets around to signing off on ANY payrates.

I wonder if Parker will sue Bradford? Sending that DOH list through the mail is not materially different from what the west pilots were accused of.

You know the answer to that one....too many people saw a way to get rich with this deal. It was never about whether the combined airline would actually work. No one really believed US Airways' out-of-control cost structure would ever be tamed. The west employees were shafted the day this abortion was announced. And the east pilots had enough experience with their own airline to know this. From day one their strategy has been to delay the proceedings at all costs because they knew the west was doomed and massive job losses on the west side were inevitable. I'd say they've been quite successful with their strategy so far.

You got that exactly right. Only Management is getting rich on the deal. Why couldn't the East guys see it? Now they are going to be stuck on the bankruptcy contact until the place goes out of business. Instead of partnerning with the west to create a new airline, the played the war of attrition. USAPA has enabled management to prolong the profits on labor's back. No way this company can survive the rancor that is now in place with the out of seniority furloughs (allowed by USAPA) and Dave O'Dell on the street on the first of the month. More cuts for the West are coming and that will be ok with the East, but their day is coming. At some point attrition of West will stop and management will start to attrit the East since we are still two pilot groups. Once Management cedes PHX and LAS to SWA, SWA will continue to march into the East. Too few International routes for LCC to make it. Get your plan B going ... we all will need it.

MK82, I'm way ahead of you with the Plan B.

I'm developing a new chicken sandwich called the USAPA. It's not what you would normally put in a chicken sandwich, but technically it comes from a chicken. It's been test marketed in the east for over 6 months and over 2500 pilots can't seem to get enough of it.

The DOH fries haven't tested as well. They take forever and are unappetisingly bitter. For some reason they're still on the menu.

Latest resources

Back