Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just for fun...

AWA = Mesa Grande

No, Dude, Mesa Grande was a movie, 1960's, spaghetti western, gunfighters, etc...oh wait, it was Casa Grande...nevermind...have a nice day.

Last edited:
No, Dude, Mesa Grande was a movie, 1960's, spaghetti western, gunfighters, etc...oh wait, it was Casa Grande...nevermind...have a nice day.

Maybe it's suppose to be "AWA = Macho Grande".

I'll never be over Macho Grande.

I'm not sure why AWA always gets compared to mesa. Yeah there's quite a few guys that came from there but there's also a huge amount that didn't. This is a very diverse group which comes from many different flying backgrounds, both civilian and military. And the west side of the operation actually runs quite well compared with the other hubs (despite the 9am push :nuts: ). I'll include CLT with that statement to be fair. As far as the AWA=scabs cry. Dude, that was eons ago, there's hardly any of those guys around here any more. Let it go already, AWA still goes down in history as one of the safest airlines that ever flew....22 years no accidents, no fatalities.

Get2, you beat me to the punch. Now, let's go out and win one for the Zipper. I guess I picked the wrong decade to give up my old job.

DOH = integrity
Really? Is that according to Marty the USAir pilot, Marty the United pilot hired in 1993, or Marty the United pilot hired in 1994?

USAir was not going out of business. USAir was in better shape then your 1980's startup airline. I had America West Capt. in my new hire class in 1994 and he said that Americas Worst was going to shut down or merged.
Americas Worst is and was a joke. I am just glad you guys merged with AAA. My worst nightmare was when every one speculated United and Americas Worst were going to merge.

Americas Worst=Bottom feeder were the turn over rate was so big, you had classes every week to fill the attrition in the late 90's.

Marty

CAL is getting ready to merge with United. I think their might be furloughs or some stagnation. Where would a 1993 DOH put me at CAL.

Marty

I do not work for USair. Just wanted to point out that USair was not the only one in distress. I thought they were both toast.

Marty
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthr...83#post1212983
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthr...45#post1224345
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthr...07#post1195007

That just never gets old. :D

OLD SCHOOL -- who is US Air?

Man you are old school aren't you? US Air died over 3 years ago. The new US Airways was created in May 2005 when America West and our Management Team...

Blah, blah, blah..

US Air "died" in the Wolf era back in 1997 with the advent of the tuxedo paint job and "400 narrowbody airbii" on order.

Really? Is that according to Marty the USAir pilot, Marty the United pilot hired in 1993, or Marty the United pilot hired in 1994?

It would be the Marty who crossed the picket line at Eastern, only to get fired!

Links don't seem to work.

Saturn:
Nice find about MC Scab.......
BTW, his girlfriend Steven, (aka Bdfg1) who claims to be, ehem, retired also has some pretty good hits as well.....
Check them out by clicking on the link! Remember, he claims to have NEVER been a j4j captain and retired shortly after 9/11. Take a look at the dates on his posts! These two make such a great pair!

I was dead set on keeping ALPA on the property. That is until you began to chime in. Thanks for changing my mind and voting ALPA out. You deserve a medal.

Never said I take it for granted. As you pointed out I'm "training PSA pilots since I'm a J4J Capt." Looks like I'm taking advantage of it.

Who cares about these bids? All I know is I'll have a sweet line once I come over via J4J. Don't like it TUFF!

Latest resources

Back