Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir East West NIC Award Resolution? Very soon!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No Judge in his/her right mind would overturn binding arbitration. Do you know the ramifications in the business/law world this would cause. Binding arbitration is not just used in SLI's but in business deals, contract disputes, etc. All past arbitrations would be up for grabs at that point, everyone that didn't feel they got a fair shake would reneg on the deal.

No Judge in his/her right mind would overturn binding arbitration. Do you know the ramifications in the business/law world this would cause. Binding arbitration is not just used in SLI's but in business deals, contract disputes, etc. All past arbitrations would be up for grabs at that point, everyone that didn't feel they got a fair shake would reneg on the deal.
OK, I'll play.... So answer this. If the "Nic" is in fact a "Binding" agreement, Why will the courts NOT mandate its use??
I'll give you a hint...Courts do not like to mingle in union matters. The unions are given "A broad range of reasonableness" when dealing with issues such as this. Therefore USAPA is free to vacate the Nic. If and when a JOINT doh cba is ratified, the west will be free to sue. However, the burden of proof that a legitimate DFR exists, will lie on the plaintiff. If USAPA gives the west protections in the form of C&Rs, how could they claim a DFR?
In essence, Doug has been given immunity in the form of GUIDANCE by the courts. As long as the Co. is free of "Collusion", it can agree to a CBA that does not include the "Nic"..

Last edited:
OK, I'll play.... So answer this. If the "Nic" is in fact a "Binding" agreement, Why will the courts NOT mandate its use??
I'll give you a hint...Courts do not like to mingle in union matters. The unions are given "A broad range of reasonableness" when dealing with issues such as this. Therefore USAPA is free to vacate the Nic. If and when a JOINT doh cba is ratified, the west will be free to sue. However, the burden of proof that a legitimate DFR exists, will lie on the plaintiff. If USAPA gives the west protections in the form of C&Rs, how could they claim a DFR?
In essence, Doug has been given immunity in the form of GUIDANCE by the courts. As long as the Co. is free of "Collusion", it can agree to a CBA that does not include the "Nic"..

Touché

Internal union dispute..
No injunction..
No court obstruction or interference..
USAPA bargains with LCC as they see fit..
Pursuant to legitimate union objective..
Wide range of reasonableness..

If USAPA gives the west protections in the form of C&Rs, how could they claim a DFR?
Up till this point I thought you were actually serious. Now I see you were just being funny -- as if a DFR trial didn't already take place with the jury laughing at those super-duper-protective C&Rs.

And BTW, the only protection from furlough is the seniority number. Now go ahead and make me laugh some more by telling me there couldn't possibly be any furloughs in the future.

They also didn't say it was legal to duck your obligations. Everyone knows, including yourselves, that you ducked the award. So, continue with substandard wages and zero integrity. The APA is watching though, and won't fall for your schtick. Eventually the NIC will rule, and you know it. We all do.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Oh my gosh, you poor dumb easties. If anything, Silver just killed your DOH dream. Do you guys actually read anything in its entirety or do you just slurp up the USAPA kool aid? Yes, you can negotiate a new list, but it's going to be held up against the NIC. That list is by no means dead. You go ahead and present a DOH list including the furloughed pilots to Parker. I hope the poor guy doesn't die from laughing so hard. Have you dumb-dumbs ever made a good decision in your lives?

Touché

Internal union dispute..
No injunction..
No court obstruction or interference..
USAPA bargains with LCC as they see fit..
Pursuant to legitimate union objective..
Wide range of reasonableness..

Poor turdhole, you just don't get it do you?

Here's a proposal... A joint east/west cba were the SLI is based on the "Nic"...However there are caveats. Once a FORMER AW pilot bids another domicile other than PHX, his/her seniority reverts to DOH..This includes the CURRENT airline and any MERGER-S that may result.
In this scenario your beloved Nic award lives on for ever, as long as you remain in PHX. We can call this "The Invisible Nic fence Award"!!
So you see there are viable solutions to this conundrum..One just needs to be creative..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back