• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet for Sale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny we just hired a Director of Outstations, Jay W. to set up airport handling for heavy pax flying for one of our contracts. Doesn’t sound like a company going out of business to me. It could they are selling airplanes to keep the company alive and preserve jobs, or buy new airplanes like MD-80's. Active Aero trip count is a pretty good indicator of on-demand cargo movement, it is down big time.

About 4 years ago, when they should have diversified, they didnt, so why is anybody suprised that this last layoff, and now this is happening?

Alot of nice guys there, sorry to see all this happening.
what would they have diverified into?, besides pax ops and gov't contracting?

Jay W from Skybus?

Let me get this right....

President..... Skyway... Bankrupt
DO.....Kitty Hawk.... Bankrupt
New manager Jay W.... Skybus... Bankrupt

3 Failures = 1 Success

what would they have diverified into?, besides pax ops and gov't contracting?

International wide body, main deck cargo.

I do believe another company based at YIP that was operating turbine Beech 18's in the not too distant past now operates 747-400's.

Money would be one reason

International wide body, main deck cargo.

I do believe another company based at YIP that was operating turbine Beech 18's in the not too distant past now operates 747-400's.
Great idea if you have $35M in the bank from a sale to KHC. I was at the auction and watched Connie buy his airline back at 10 cents on the dollar. BTW besides Connie how many int'l wide body operators have hit it big. Omni? Gemni? Polar? Tower?

Last edited:
missed some

Jay W from Skybus?

Let me get this right....

President..... Skyway... Bankrupt
DO.....Kitty Hawk.... Bankrupt
New manager Jay W.... Skybus... Bankrupt

3 Failures = 1 Success
You left out FT ex EAL BK, RC ex KHC BK, RH, Zantop fold, BTW Am I detecting negative vibes? They will eat you up if you spend too much time thinking about it. You have to move on.

Last edited:
I am simply stating that it seems you have to be part of one sunk ship to move onto another company these days. It would be nice if people were leaving to obtain new jobs at another carrier based upon lucrative incentives at another company instead of being forced to look for work because of the elimination of your carrier or position. This holds true for pilots and management. With that said, if I go out and crash a plane and I am released the chances are that my next job isn't going to be as good as my last one. This isn't the case for airline CEOs. No bad blood, but if you don't learn from the past your doomed to repeat it.

Great idea if you have $35M in the bank from a sale to KHC. I was at the auction and watched Connie buy his airline back at 10 cents on the dollar. BTW besides Connie how many int'l wide body operators have hit it big. Omni? Gemni? Polar? Tower?

He started out in the wide body business on his own dime operating 200's forming American International Airways and found a nimrod to buy him out.

Then he got a double whammy by being able to buy some of the assets back when said nimrod went Tango Uniform.

That's called good business. It's not luck, something your company could learn from.

The other big player companies you list I would guess have a MUCH higher cost structure from the bottom floor sweeper to the top pilot...and from the errand runner to the Senior Manager.

Active Aero came from roots that had the same essential assets and base to do exactly the same and be successful.

Hell Murray is still doing good witha handful of Dc-8's...

Come help us.

Active Aero came from roots that had the same essential assets and base to do exactly the same and be successful.

Hell Murray is still doing good witha handful of Dc-8's...
If you have all the answers, how come you are not a CEO? Rasie some money come rescue us from our present situation

Latest resources

Back