USA Jet for Sale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Out of touch

I've heard they aren't really worth it. A mechanic I talked to today even said he thought that Grande Air's Falcons were in better shape. Yikes!
I don't know where you got your info, but it is not correct. I don't have the details, but they had a high dispatch rate, very few DMI's, RVSM, working autopilots, one has a fresh C check. Engines mid time. Our pilots had no hesitation on writing up gripes as they found them. Maintenance worked them off under a Part 121 program. The Feds on a regular basis inspected our maintenance, since we are right next door to the FSDO. We had nothing to hide from anyone. They are good reliable collection of DA-20's. I would fly anyone of them any day, anywhere. They were great flying airplanes. I miss them dearly and I miss the checking I did and watching our pilots excel in their operation of these fantastic birds.

Last edited:
I too would take a USA Jet Falcon anywhere, anytime, with my closest family members in them. To say that USA Jet's MX on the Falcon was below industry standard is a huge discredit to those that signed for them.

No hesitation from me either. Well maintained and were fixed when written up if it was plausible. Some stuff may be dmi'ed until more convienent, do you really need 3 radios? Hell the regionals out there probably fly around with more problems than those falcons did. They are old, things will break, but when they did break you were never pressured to fly, and you could expect a mechanic there within 24 hours to fix the thing.

In reference to usajet for sale every company is for sale for the right price. Usajet in no way shape or form is going under. They might be hiring in the next two months. They have a few passenger contracts that should be starting soon. To every one who wants to solve usajet's problems please post the problem with a SOLUTION so you can educate management.

26?

so are they going to call back 27 pilots then hire?
You mean 26, there were 28 let go, 2 are over 65, that leaves 26, where did you get 27?

In reference to usajet for sale every company is for sale for the right price. Usajet in no way shape or form is going under. They might be hiring in the next two months. They have a few passenger contracts that should be starting soon. To every one who wants to solve usajet's problems please post the problem with a SOLUTION so you can educate management.

Hire a President that has a solid track record in growing companies instead of downsizing them. That would secure the future of the company. A boat is only as good as it's Captain. You asked for a solution, there you have it. They actually have a pretty good group of middle management that with solid leadership could lead a very successful company into high profits, diversified fleet, and a bright future. Passenger contracts? Every Pax contract USA Jet has had in the past has been a very low profit margin, or even a loss. Ref San Juan, and Red Bull.

They also need to look at the big picture, and quit celebrating after a busy week and screaming it's over after one bad week.

If they are counting on pax contracts as their sole source of income I doubt it will work. They need a more reliable, fuel efficient airplane to pull something like that off. Like it or not, a DC-9 does not hold that many people than the larger, newer, cheaper to operate RJs. That market is saturated.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back