USA Jet for Sale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope this is my last job

pilotyip aji is hiring, you can come and swing my gear!
Retirement is the next step for me, fly the "Warbirds" on the air show circuit, flight instruct, and maybe some consulting on the side. However if you want me to swing gear next year, I would love to for $500/day plus expenses. About the same as I would have made as a DA-20 Captain at USA Jet for working an extra day.

If Porky is right

Yep, thats right folks. USA JET the once mighty cargo company is selling not only the parked aircraft but also the currently flying aircraft. CH wants out of the cargo biz and has talked the investors into it. Current aircraft for sale include:

1. All the Falcon 20's
2. All the parked DC-9s
3. N327US and N196US
4. The Main Hangar is also up for sale/lease

It looks like we have until the end of the year before the doors close so update your resume and make plenty of copies.
If Porky is right everyone might be unemployed by Christmas. So if you believe in Porky you better take the next job that comes along. If Porky is wrong you could be making a bad move, but who would make a career move on a guy who hides behind the name of a pig? BTW pilotyip is Randy Hotton in case you do not know.

I have done some work for Active Aero over the years.

They used to pay just over 30 days and weren't my favorite customer. Last year this stretched to 45 days to pay and I would only use them for empty repositioning. Recently, seemingly commensurate with the DA20 layoffs, this stretched to OVER 60 days payment for services rendered and I totally discontinued pursuit of their business because of the way they handled DA20 drivers.

I guess my main competitors in C300/400 running bottom of the barrel pricing for volume quit flying as much for AA as I now get more flying and at higher pricing than I could have previously.

Either Royal is too strapped to recoup 60 days payment from AA against their smaller margins or they, like a vulture are awaiting the final proverbial nail to swoop in January09 to take over AA's clients without the the overhead from buying AA outright. Curious.

What is the best DA20 they have? Any idea on AFTT, Engine Conditions, Avionics and other details, I should have to take to the bank? Are they even worthy of consideration?

100-1/2

what would they have diverified into?, besides pax ops and gov't contracting?

Those should have been the questions asked a few years ago. Like alot of people, I believe they could have gone alot farther with some of the talent that USAJ possesed, but know one seemed to pull the trigger, or really even cared to.

There were plenty of guys on hand that "if" they were to try the wide body market for instance, they probobly would have flourished, even in todays environment. But they would rather try to fill a DA-20 with a few bumpers.

Its really too bad, because there are alot of hard working people that would have taken the challenge, and probobly would of had great success.

What is the best DA20 they have? Any idea on AFTT, Engine Conditions, Avionics and other details, I should have to take to the bank? Are they even worthy of consideration?

100-1/2

I've heard they aren't really worth it. A mechanic I talked to today even said he thought that Grande Air's Falcons were in better shape. Yikes!

Funny we just hired a Director of Outstations, Jay W. to set up airport handling for heavy pax flying for one of our contracts.

"Funny"... I'm sure W2B is just rollicking in laughter at the humor in that... He's outta work, yet another "Director" level salary is brought in..?? Ha ha, I get it now...

Latest resources

Back