Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
excellent hospitals in mexico! you assume just because its in mexico its bad??? inform yourself before making a comment.....
First, let me say that I do consider myself informed, as my girlfriend is a burn survivor, she is doing just fine, thanks for asking. Second, the intent of the post was not to degrade Mexican hospitals, as I'm sure they have plenty of good ones, but the best burn units in the world are in the U.S., bar none. One that comes to mind is BAMC, San Antonio. At any rate my thoughts and prayers go out to the First Officer and the long road ahead.

no burns

First, let me say that I do consider myself informed, as my girlfriend is a burn survivor, she is doing just fine, thanks for asking. Second, the intent of the post was not to degrade Mexican hospitals, as I'm sure they have plenty of good ones, but the best burn units in the world are in the U.S., bar none. One that comes to mind is BAMC, San Antonio. At any rate my thoughts and prayers go out to the First Officer and the long road ahead.
F/O has no burn related problems

Mexican news is reporting Capt is dead, initials LM and Copilot survived with major burns, initials CJ.

Reportedly it was "flying from" Hamilton, Canada and on approach when it crashed a few kilometers (press uses kilometers in Mexico) from the runway at 01:15 AM, Sunday.

However, flightaware indicates that the above flight possibly stopped in Shreveport before departing for Saltillo.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/JUS199

MMIO/Saltillo approach plates at this link

http://www.vatmex.com/charts/MMIO.zip
Sorry YIP, misinformation i guess.

excellent hospitals in mexico! you assume just because its in mexico its bad??? inform yourself before making a comment.....

For those that have a question about healthcare in Mexico, in the major cities, Monterrey, Guadalajara, Mexico City (Saltillo is 50 miles west of MTY but, no, its not MTY but receives alot of MTY influence), they are some outstanding quality hospitals.

FYI America is not "top" in healthcare quality. Remember that lady in New York who flopped around on the floor of an ER for one hour and then died. That was in USA.

Also, many Mex doctors study at US medical schools on special visas then return to Mexico to practice.

For the uneducated, Mexico is not some dude asleep under a tree taking a Siesta. It is a major Latin American country and yes, not without problems (as all countries have), it does indeed have excellent healthcare.

ok girls,
i was in mmio on tues. i fly a yellow 727 for a pos freight company.
sorry to have to say this:

the mexican ntsb came onboard our airplane. i am not impressed at all. while the head investigator was nice as was the young lady, i am NOT at all impressed. the lady was never even on a turbo jet before. they came on our 727 to look around. never asked us a single question:

how is mexican atc? how is the weather reporting at mmio? how is the dme arc to the ils 17 at mmio? nothing. nada. personally i have zero confidence in the mexican atc system or mexican ntsb.

i have been going to mmio for over 5 years now. it is bad, very bad.

and the absolute worst part:

as we were taxing into our spot, a usa jet was getting the ifr clearance to day. guess who they were taking home?

LM RIP. while i never met you, i sincerely feel for your family. God Bless YOU.

burns again

Sorry YIP, misinformation i guess.
There is photo of the F/O with what looks like severe burns on his face. It was really smoke ashes, it basically washed off. I saw him Wednesday, his face had no signs of burns, nor did any of his exposed skin. We are hoping for his speedy recovery and I told his father he has a job waiting for him when he is ready to come back.

Last edited:
will let you know

Yip,

What types of injuries did he suffer?

Condolences to him and the rest of the USA Jet family.
I am not sure that information can be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back