• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to translate this the best I could. My Spanish is a bit rusty

When it was cleared to land in the Airport International Plan of Guadalupe, to the 01:15 hours of this Sunday, an airplane DC-9 of cargo load, collapsed on the payment Order José López Gap, exploiting in flames and causing an enormous fire that generated the mobilization of all the crime bodies of the Southeastern Region of Coahuila, even of the I Exercise Mexican. The airplane came originating in Hamilton, Canada, and had done a scale in the Airport of Shudort, United States. It transported 3,6 tons of cargo load for the Great business Powertrain; speculates that the crew did not know the Airport International Plan of Guadalupe, and also ran the version that the pilot never was reported to the control Tower Saltillo, for which probably he brought serious troubles.

The ship, with he registers N-199US and property of it USES-JET, he exploded in flames upon touching land, in two explosions along a pair of kilometers on the folder asfáltica of the payment order. The point of the accident is located to the north of the Airport International Plan of Guadalupe, to some meters of where the Park is built Industrial Friendship Airport. Never in the history of the commercial aviation and of load in the Southeastern Region of Coahuila a such-dimensional airplane had collapsed, for which could have presented an a lot more large tragedy and of extremely considerable dimensions.

At the moment of the closing of this edition, bodies of aid and elements of all the corporations remained in the place of the accident, coordinating the works, and continuing the instructions of the authorities.

From CNN:

(CNN) -- A cargo jet crashed Sunday just west of Monterrey, Mexico, killing the pilot and injuring the co-pilot, a company representative said.
They were Americans, CNN has confirmed.
The crash occurred at 2:15 a.m. as the McDonnell-Douglas DC-9-15 freighter approached the airport in Saltillo, Mexico, carrying a load of auto parts, said Donald McNeff, vice president of USA Jet Airlines.
The National Transportation Safety Board, which confirmed the death of the pilot, reported no one was injured on the ground. The co-pilot suffered severe burns.
The NTSB has sent a team of investigators to assist the Mexican government in its probe of the incident.
The jet's trip began at company headquarters at Willow Run Airport in Ypsilanti, Michigan, a half hour west of Detroit, McNeff said.
It then flew to Hamilton, Ontario, where it picked up cargo and continued to Shreveport, Louisiana, where it cleared customs, he said.
It was close to the airport grounds in Saltillo in clear weather when the crash occurred, he said.
USA Jet Airlines, founded more than 20 years ago, carried cargo across the Americas, McNeff said.
About five years ago it added passenger service. It has a 22-plane fleet, including the aircraft involved in the crash.

My condolences to the family, and wish the FO a speedy recovery.

Can anyone confirm whether ATP Cliff was involved? I haven't seen him respond. RIP to the Captain and condolences to his family...

That place MMIO scares the crap out of me. Didn't Amerijet or someone put one in there a year or so ago?

No, unfortunately it was my old company and friend at Ameristar, and it was in Guadalajarra, MX.

Both are sad indeed. Flying in Mexico at night in old airplanes can be very dangerous. My respect and condolences to all those affected.

Can anyone confirm whether ATP Cliff was involved? I haven't seen him respond. RIP to the Captain and condolences to his family...

They were not involved. ATPCLIFF and PILOTYIP are fine.

My prayers go out to everyone involved. LM will be missed. I had a chance to fly with him. Great guy.

Last edited:
The crew names have been published by a Mexican newspaper with a picture of the injured FO from last night. My choice not link this up because I'd rather see a company press release or a message from a friend.

The FO's name is correct in the press release and confirmed by USA Jet. I spoke with his brother today he and his father were enroute to Saltillo. FO was former Tower Air, Custom Air, Corporate 727 out of LGB and JALWays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back