• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Pilot/FA Recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is to say, what happens after all the East furloughs are recalled, does the airline hire new pilots, or do the West furloughs get the jobs.

I think what you said is the most equitable, but also very unlikely.

With only 87 east furloughed, I'm guessing out of the 87 that at least 20-25 have found aviation employment elsewhere not counting career changers who may not return. These 40 recalls with deferals ought to get pretty far down the list. I really find it hard to believe that the company would hire off the street with pilots still furloughed on west. This would just create another poop storm for the comapny and usapa. I think there is zero chance of this happening.

Back to the main point -- the beer and bbq in CLT... I'll provide the boat (assuming it starts after 2 years of waiting for me to return...) and the perfect place for a HUGE BBQ when we come back (at the marina in CLT). I can't wait to see ya'll as soon as we get there.

I'll even be HAPPY in Philly (it sure as hell beats the sandbox...).

And Cactus, I don't know of any guys that found other employment that are still mooching off of USAPA. (Not saying there aren't any, but everyone i talk to that is employed is paying their own way...).

Now back to the homebrewed wine to celebrate.....

I expect you have achieved Master Brewer status gained from your experiences over in The Magic Kingdom. I left you a voice mail on your Skype account. Glad to see you got the news. Talk with you soon.

guys that are recalled in training in CLT will stay at the Holiday Inn on Little Rock road. For dinner walk out the hotel to the right - towards the 85 overpass, go under the overpass and turn left. Up a slight hill you will see Miguel's (looks like a hole in the wall but is really great) - best mexican and beer in CLT. About a 6 minute walk from the hotel.

There are (I believe) 142 former AWA pilots that are presently furloughed. The announcement states that they need 80 pilots (40 west, 40 east).

Now to the seniority issue: Regardless which list you use (Nicolau, Nicolau - Lite, DOH w/ C&R's, DOH, etc), the former AWA pilots are senior to the pilots that are presently furloughed out east.

That said, don't you think that those furloughed former AWA pilots be allowed to bypass a position on the east first before they are offered to the junior pilots. If you are looking for an example: When things were great and we were growing like crazy (prior to fall of 2007) we were expected to bring ALL furloughed US Air pilots on board (east or west) prior to hiring any new hire pilots.

Just sayin'....:beer:...BTW, to whom ever returns, welcome back!!

USAPA... where senority matters (but only if you are on the east side, if not then tough ********************)

guys that are recalled in training in CLT will stay at the Holiday Inn on Little Rock road. For dinner walk out the hotel to the right - towards the 85 overpass, go under the overpass and turn left. Up a slight hill you will see Miguel's (looks like a hole in the wall but is really great) - best mexican and beer in CLT. About a 6 minute walk from the hotel.

That the pink place near where Wild Wings was located?

Nah, just call USAPA and tell them to send Cleary over for you in one of the Tauruses you paid for.

Latest resources

Back