• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Pilot/FA Recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did fly a kite on the beach a few days ago. 23 MPH max rated. It was at least 35 that day. Busted the cross bar plastic thing and sailed into the ocean. Thank you for your concern. No one else felt bad for me. I appreciate it.
Just out of curiosity... Was that you? ;)

Congrats to those that are coming back. :)

Uhhh, Tashima and Graber will disagree with you!

What did Tashima and Graber say exactly...? I'll paraphrase here but I believe it was that USAPA is as free as ALPA was to negotiate away form the Nic. However, the minute USAPA implements anything other than the Nic the question of ripeness is answered in the affirmative. As I understand it today the BPR still plans to move ahead with the original DOH list with the C&R's they feel is fair. Clearly the west does not agree with this. The company got involved the other day and I am not stupid enough to pontificate on this board regarding their litigation. Suffice it to say that I believe this is the end game here and we gotta get this behind us. Period.

What did Tashima and Graber say exactly...? I'll paraphrase here but I believe it was that USAPA is as free as ALPA was to negotiate away form the Nic. However, the minute USAPA implements anything other than the Nic the question of ripeness is answered in the affirmative. As I understand it today the BPR still plans to move ahead with the original DOH list with the C&R's they feel is fair. Clearly the west does not agree with this. The company got involved the other day and I am not stupid enough to pontificate on this board regarding their litigation. Suffice it to say that I believe this is the end game here and we gotta get this behind us. Period.

You paraphrased a little wrong with your own opinion there. They in fact said the opposite of you. They didn't say the minute USAPA implements ANYTHING other than the nic. They stated unequivocally that when a contract is voted in, then the ripeness question is met. THEY did not tie, ripeness and whether the seniority list had to be nic together. In fact they STATED that even IF the contract does NOT contain the NIC, it doesn't necessarily mean a breach of DFR exists.....

reread the notes and chew on that for a bit...

You guys seems to want the tie the matter of ripeness to the NIC. They are separate. The court basically said, nothing has happened yet, so a determination of breach of DFR is not RIPE, can NOT be determined at this time.

They seemed to do everyone a favor, and stated, that just because the seniority list does not contain the NIC, again doesn't necessarily indicate a breach of DFR. They stated that simply, you have to get a contract, (which hits the ripeness criteria) THEN look at what is contained in that contract to determine if a breach of DFR has happened, and the fact that an INTERNAL UNION PROCESS (from a different union) doesn't mean you have a breach of DFR........

So Easy even a caveman can do it....

Last edited:
got the certified letter today for the sept 6th E190 class, it says that i may fall within the seniority of those who may be recalled into the Sept 6th class. If my seniority does not hold a position in the class i'll be notified by phone, if i'm in the class i'll receive an information packet via feex.

Latest resources

Back