• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Contract Projections

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lots of new people arriving in the next few years . Lots of people who could give two sh!ts about the current impasse and are ready to work to make this a better place to be and get some reasonable pay rates. Can't happen fast enough.

Thanks Bad Andy. Watching yet another thread being hijacked was irritating enough but then to have blowhards who know absolutely nothing about what 3rd list folks are trying to accomplish come here and trash us. Well that just set me off. For the rest of the target audience. Bad Andy was spot on. Going to work is great. You do not live this East/West crap every day your here. I fly with some great people. Training is top notch. MX is great and those guys REALLY know their way around an Airbus. Some things need to be fixed and that will take some time. If you come here armed with that knowledge then I don't think you will regret your decision.
As for the math Bird. Like I said, Pick up a seniority list and educate yourself. Yes there were new hires on the property for the representation vote and we were allowed to vote. Its all there in black and white, just look at the hire dates I am not doing it for you. As for me making it about you. You did that all on your own with your many examples of veiled threats and disdain for ALL things East. To include the third list. Like I said our small group has made more of an effort for change than you. So now the only thing that should be coming out of your mouth is an Apology and Thank You. Then for god sake do yourself a favor and retire. Your thirty years has exacted a horrible price on your persona. Get out and go find something to bring the joy back to you life.

Last edited:
LaGarbage,

Well said. In fact, I think that might be the most words I ever saw you string together at one time... :D

As for old grumpy, there's not much anyone can do to change his mind. We may as well simply realize that more than a few of the West guys cringe when he opens his mouth in the crew room let alone o the internet... If he wants to hate us 3rd-Listers also, so be it. Its no great loss to us.

An interesting thing about flying on the East is the atmosphere at work. For anyone thinking about coming to work here, listen to what weasel says -- he's right about the work environment. Nearly all the crews you fly with are wonderful. The level of professionalism is remarkable, especially considering everything they have been through in the last decade. I have had countless discussions with guys in which it is clear they disagree with me completely (I'm sure some would love to run over me in the parking lot...), yet the discussions always stay civil and respectful. Yeah, we have a few nut-jobs here, but the 10% rule applies everywhere... Heck, even the rep that they're trying to recall in CLT is a great guy to fly with and can have a rational, respectful discussion.

So, no, it isn't nearly as bleak as some would paint it here. Is there a lot of room for improvement? Absolutely. Are there some underlying issues? Without a doubt. But, anyone that makes the decision not to work here simply because of the East-West issue is "nucking futs." (I'm not commenting on other reasons, simply on that one.). I mean heck, if even I (a third-list, outspoken critic of the last regime and ardent supporter of Nic as th fastest means to a new contract) can get along with everyone (even MCDU, while on his j/s....), think how good it is for everyone not actively involved in any of this bickering...

Great posts from Bad-Andy and LaGarbage Man. :pimp:

Great posts from Bad-Andy and LaGarbage Man. :pimp:

kIrJ4.gif

LaGarbage,

Well said. In fact, I think that might be the most words I ever saw you string together at one time... :D

As for old grumpy, there's not much anyone can do to change his mind. We may as well simply realize that more than a few of the West guys cringe when he opens his mouth in the crew room let alone o the internet... If he wants to hate us 3rd-Listers also, so be it. Its no great loss to us.

An interesting thing about flying on the East is the atmosphere at work. For anyone thinking about coming to work here, listen to what weasel says -- he's right about the work environment. Nearly all the crews you fly with are wonderful. The level of professionalism is remarkable, especially considering everything they have been through in the last decade. I have had countless discussions with guys in which it is clear they disagree with me completely (I'm sure some would love to run over me in the parking lot...), yet the discussions always stay civil and respectful. Yeah, we have a few nut-jobs here, but the 10% rule applies everywhere... Heck, even the rep that they're trying to recall in CLT is a great guy to fly with and can have a rational, respectful discussion.

So, no, it isn't nearly as bleak as some would paint it here. Is there a lot of room for improvement? Absolutely. Are there some underlying issues? Without a doubt. But, anyone that makes the decision not to work here simply because of the East-West issue is "nucking futs." (I'm not commenting on other reasons, simply on that one.). I mean heck, if even I (a third-list, outspoken critic of the last regime and ardent supporter of Nic as th fastest means to a new contract) can get along with everyone (even MCDU, while on his j/s....), think how good it is for everyone not actively involved in any of this bickering...

You on a leave Bad Andy. I had fun flying with you in CLT.

M

If he wants to hate us 3rd-Listers also, so be it. Its no great loss to us.

Believe it or not, I don't hate anybody, just their behavior. And when I see the voting records and lack of proactive attempts to change (ie replace) USAPA, then I see that (as would any observer) as tacit approval of the east's tyranny and a willingness to be an accomplice.

But, anyone that makes the decision not to work here simply because of the East-West issue is "nucking futs." (I'm not commenting on other reasons, simply on that one.)

No one is commenting on the other reasons which all come back to the same core issue. The protections that could be afforded in a merger cannot be negotiated because USAPA doesn't feel unity is worth bothering with. Additional pay and other contract improvements will remain elusive for the same reason. I'm sure coming to work is fun when there is no conflict, but that condition is not permanent. If USAPA decided to make unity a priority, most of the current and former leadership would be out in the cold. They need to stoke the animosity between the two groups to deflect attention from their inability to deliver any real value to the pilots in exchange for the millions in dues we have been forced to fork over. I'm glad folks like to come to work and fly their big jet, but please don't be Pollyannas and pretend that the issue will magically work itself out (once enough time has passed that USAPA has effectively stapled the west).

Comraderie is the general default condition for pilot groups. The question every pilot at US should ask is whether or not they want to support the group that depends on devisiveness. The cohesiveness we all want cannot coexist with tyranny.

None of those pilots have proffered recalls of the USAPA regime and therefore have plainly made their choice of who they will support. None of the 3rd list have stood up and said that west furloughees, fellow US pilots should not be placed below the 3rd list group, they are not new hires. The 3rd list has not stood up for anyone but the Cleary regime and there is no reason to give them special "conscientious objector" status in this un-civil war. When they demonstrate a willingness to take on the USAPA machine, then they will publicly affirm that they are cut from different cloth than the typical east slime.

What galls me the most is the USAPAians who are only willing to move on a combined contract AFTER they have secured their upgrade which is cemented by the No Bump No Flush. It is entirely consistent with their total lack of integrity, which I suppose is some consolation.

But simply having a majority to push an agenda that damages a significant portion of the pilot group will not go without some sort or judicial consequence. Again, the east entices the new hires with the shiny jets, but fails to tell them what awaits them once the veil comes down and both groups end up flying together. Why do you want to hide this from prospectiv e employees? Why is the east so committed to living off lies and half truths? Why di the mailings from Leonidas outlining the real truth of the impact of the Nic result in such an uproar, not over the truth of the content, but over boogiemen "stealing" public info?

The east has never acquired a taste for the truth, have they?

SO you are trying to get the third listers to support your views - so when the AA/US merger comes and the SLI is posted - then they should vote for it when it places the West furloughlee on the bottom of the combined list becasue they didn't bring a "current job" when the merger was announced?

Ok - I got it NOW

Metrojet

If you are junior at a regional, then sure, what have you got to lose. Or if you are bouncing around the pattern in a 172, then the risk is pretty minimal. Leaving a senior position at any regional until the USAPA debacle has been concluded (through merger or implosion) would be foolish.

Oh, and FBW, in the intererst of full disclosure, what number of the retirements are CA vs F/Os and others on LTD, etc. who don't yield a CA vacancy?

Very bad advice. USAir will eventually come out of the situation it is in and the next gen of pilots will fly up the list. If they merge with AA it will combine two airlines with huge retirement numbers compared to any one else.
Obviously the sooner you get hired the better. But anyone who does get hired will be very senior in 10 years relative to the industry norm.

Latest resources

Back