• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Transmissions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spoken like a true "seasoned Veteran" I love flying with guys like you! Such a joy sitting there looking out the window because your pea sized brain can't listen and read a USA today at the same time! And you take a check list to take a leak because you can't figure out how to do it on your own. And telling at your wife on your 1998 cell phone that works half the time because she put the blue towels on top of the white ones...I'm sure you are pure pleasure to fly with flop!

Spoken like a true "seasoned Veteran" I love flying with guys like you! Such a joy sitting there looking out the window because your pea sized brain can't listen and read a USA today at the same time! And you take a check list to take a leak because you can't figure out how to do it on your own. And telling at your wife on your 1998 cell phone that works half the time because she put the blue towels on top of the white ones...I'm sure you are pure pleasure to fly with flop!

Easy man......it wasn't us that went on a 5 minute tirade on fatties and fags with a hot mike.

Haha! Imagine if flop had a stuck mike some of the good stuff that would come out! It would be a treat I'm sure......with a annoying whine in the background because of the old headset :)

Wear what you want but please just use phraseology of a professional.

Nothing worse than trying to get a word in for weather and someone is using sentences. The better pilots seem to use the FAR/AIM terminology and succinct language to say the same as someone else "checking in with you at FL370".

United isn't just United at this point. It's also Continental. You also said Allegiant was loud and uncomfortable in your ears. I think you're the problem Wave. You're not listening correctly.

I've only spent about 1/3 of my career in the 737. The MD80 was quiet and 756 isn't too bad either. You're the one stuck in the 737, deal with it and stop complaining.

Flops... first off why do you listen to yahoos who think their pilot group is somehow superior to any other group. that's your first mistake.

What does United isn't just United anymore mean????. CAL and UAL are dead....long gone. We are left with UCH.

PS I am using the David Clarks in the Guppy. If the F/O has an headset then a couple of rubber bands make for a very quiet and comfortable trip.

Wear what you want but please just use phraseology of a professional.

Nothing worse than trying to get a word in for weather and someone is using sentences. The better pilots seem to use the FAR/AIM terminology and succinct language to say the same as someone else "checking in with you at FL370".

No, the best pilots know time and place and don't get wrapped around the axle about the small stuff

Are you the guy who goes through the buildup because he can't get a word in?

No, the best pilots know time and place and don't get wrapped around the axle about the small stuff

Are you the guy who goes through the buildup because he can't get a word in?

Absolutely. It gives me an excuse to comb my mustache and pull up my cowboy boots afterwards.

Flops... first off why do you listen to yahoos who think their pilot group is somehow superior to any other group. that's your first mistake.

What does United isn't just United anymore mean????. CAL and UAL are dead....long gone. We are left with UCH.

PS I am using the David Clarks in the Guppy. If the F/O has an headset then a couple of rubber bands make for a very quiet and comfortable trip.

Why: They're complaining about a single airlines' radios and this is still very much two different fleets. So it's BS. I do get your point on unity. I'm trying.

PS: are you using the DC Pro X? I'm thinking about getting those.

Last edited:
Why: They're complaining about a single airlines' radios and this is still very much two different fleets. So it's BS. I do get your point on unity. I'm trying.

PS: are you using the DC Pro X? I'm thinking about getting those.

As for your first paragraph, I don't know. Being one that " crossed over" believe me we, the pilots of UCH, spend a lot of energy complaining about what is different between the two sub airlines. Believe it or not there is a lot that is the same. The further away from the merger we get, the more we cross over the better off we will all be.

I heard an interesting analogy explaining our merger. Airline A brought a Porsche to the merger. Airline B brought a top of the line Land Rover to the merger. Our idiots management team thought " hey I like that car but the tires on that land rover are better...let's put them on the Porsche. ( best from both airlines right??.). Obviously it didn't work.

Yes I am using the DC Pro X. They sell them at the stop over store in IAH. They are $637. I am quite happy with them. The battery pack takes two AA batteries and lasts for about a month. I have flown with a few that had the telex headset which has no battery pack but in my opinion they are not as quiet or comfortable. Also they have the foam over the mike so the folks chiming in on this thread are happy with me.

Latest resources

Back