• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Transmissions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And I would spend money to go to work without being reimbursed for trying to do my job in a ...Acoustically compatible realm... because? I only care that ATC can hear complete and intelligible transmissions.

Yes..I am a Professional and would like to my job as such. If I am to do so..I/we should be provided the tools to do so!

Yes..I am a Professional and would like to my job as such. If I am to do so..I/we should be provided the tools to do so!

"To.......my job..."????

I get what you're saying, but ...
Headsets are a personal choice- SWA did buy all of us headsets. And some really really like them.
The other 90% have the headset they choose.

I like to hear the equipment run. It's something I learned running machinery as a kid. I like to hear the engines spool, the pressurization and air conditioning, and it helps me watch the airplanes' speed. I also like to hear footsteps and doors shut/open in the galley. I would rather not shut off one of my senses to what's going on. I'm sure you guys wish this job was more like xbox or Facebook, and if my lack if headset makes it too hard for you to do you job, then maybe I'll wear one. But we need to talk about your own weird BS as well

This job isn't like xbox?

Dude, I've got the Bose A20- I hear the engine spool and hear enough.
And I can hear my music and catch phone calls while I program between flights.
What happens when you can't hear the "footsteps" bc you've had 20 years of white noise bombarding your eardrums for no good reason?
Don't worry flop, other senses pick up the slack.
You did just sound like the oldest dude I've ever seen flying.

You mention professionalism in one breath and then tell us to F'off?

You are the consummate professional Flop.

And Tankerhead is correct. The worst sounding radio transmissions by far. Nobody else even comes close.

Well, allegiant can pierce your ears sometimes, a good 2x your normal MD80 side tone- but I'm Vegas and get them a little more than most

Yeah, I did. I'm asking (repeatedly) if it's a safety issue. The only way I can get some of you SWA guys to really think is use some hyperbole. Sorry, but it doesn't get thru your head without it. Safety takes precedent over your personal comfort, the company's bottom line, the environment, or anything else mentioned so far.

My airline has gone thru enough changes lately. The last thing I want to do is make another because the fancy headset crowd wants us to. That said, I think part of the problem is a lot of guys have forgot how to talk on the old headset/hand mike. They were furloughed or had a previous job where they had a neato headset they were use to, and now they've shelved it because guys like myself don't wear one. I do notice a lot of guys I fly with mumble on the radio. Everything else is a normal conversation, but ATC com is like they want to whisper.

I like to hear the equipment run. It's something I learned running machinery as a kid. I like to hear the engines spool, the pressurization and air conditioning, and it helps me watch the airplanes' speed. I also like to hear footsteps and doors shut/open in the galley. I would rather not shut off one of my senses to what's going on. I'm sure you guys wish this job was more like xbox or Facebook, and if my lack if headset makes it too hard for you to do you job, then maybe I'll wear one. But we need to talk about your own weird BS as well

That's cool, we don't care if you like to hear your machinery or not. The point is, we don't need to hear your machinery every time you key up.

There are plenty of headsets that will allow you to enjoy all the splendor that is a clapped out hunk of heavy commercial equipment, whilst not sharing it with everyone on your frequency within 400 nmi.

You are the consummate professional Flop.

And Tankerhead is correct. The worst sounding radio transmissions by far. Nobody else even comes close.

And here I was thinking how could I piss SWA pilots off? U make it too easy. dfgiadfbialhdbvfaiebvaib, over?

Latest resources

Back