• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Transmissions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TK guy said 950 new captains in 2015. They're trying to buy some used airbus and/or Boeings. We'll of course believe it when we see. But that sure would be a shot in the arm for all of us.

You must be a treat to fly with.....

I got no complaints. But please, enlighten the rest of us non brain surgeons just how we should fly with you. Maybe you can help to sway us to your way of ********************ing up an airline. Maybe an ESOP................?

If you say so...

UAL airplanes are all out fitted with Plantronic head sets, and a hand mic most of which are telex.

It's not UAL specific the background noise and if it's such a burden, may I suggest the VOL knob for you. It's adjustable.

It's a nuisance to have to turn the volume down then back up all the time, and besides, by the time you turn the volume down, the irritating nuisance noise is almost over. I don't care what brand headset or microphone they use, usually their transmissions have a nuisance irritating noise in the background much more frequently than any other airline.

TK guy said 950 new captains in 2015. They're trying to buy some used airbus and/or Boeings. We'll of course believe it when we see. But that sure would be a shot in the arm for all of us.

5 Nov Crew Resources Outlook:
"
756/76T
Since the last Crew Resources Outlook, a lot has changed on this fleet. We are retaining eight 757 ETOPS aircraft and four 76T aircraft longer than expected. We also are looking at potentially retaining more aircraft. This changes our staffing plan as it relates to the 756/76T fleet. The number of displacements we once thought we would make prior to September 2015 has been reduced substantially. In the fall of 2015, we will begin converting most of our 76T aircraft to 756 configuration. More details will be published as the transition plan comes into focus."

There probably wouldn't be a need to buy Boeing airframes; they could just pull some out of the boneyard and do some refurb/heavy checks.
I'm not sure that buying used Airbii would be worth it; they're throwaway planes. I don't think United's retired (m)any airbii.

I got no complaints. But please, enlighten the rest of us non brain surgeons just how we should fly with you. Maybe you can help to sway us to your way of ********************ing up an airline. Maybe an ESOP................?

How about Smisek as CEO?

Latest resources

Back