• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Transmissions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Flop....I've got friends in several ATC facilities and even before this thread they've said that the United radios are hard to understand....I was just in the cab in atl several weeks ago and the local guy was laughing because all he heard from united was a whine like his wife in the background....so it's the headset.....or the Buick drivers flying them.

So is this maybe a safety issue? Is that what is being implied? Because I'll go buy a headset if we can all agree SWA needs to stop clogging the frequency with requests for direct and can slow down their taxi speeds. Because those are safety issues IMO.

Yeah, I wear the Bose headsets to cancel out the sound of SWA's screeching brakes and tires as they slow down to round the corner at 30kts.

That's cool, we don't care if you like to hear your machinery or not. The point is, we don't need to hear your machinery every time you key up.

There are plenty of headsets that will allow you to enjoy all the splendor that is a clapped out hunk of heavy commercial equipment, whilst not sharing it with everyone on your frequency within 400 nmi.

Yeah, by that logic, he should be farting loudly at dinner, boldly monitoring his machinery.

Hey Flop....I've got friends in several ATC facilities and even before this thread they've said that the United radios are hard to understand....I was just in the cab in atl several weeks ago and the local guy was laughing because all he heard from united was a whine like his wife in the background....so it's the headset.....or the Buick drivers flying them.

The laughing in ATL is at SWA's tough talk about taking the place over, and then doing nothing. At all.

If any of you guys want to send me a free $1000 headset, lemme know by PM. I won't tell. Until then, I don't hear any noise, I'll stick with the free headset provided.

/end

So where do I get one of these headsets? Can I get one at normal store? Or do I have to go where you buy your skinny pants and crepe makers?

Ain't nothin' manlier than bein' deaf, eatin' squirrel, buyin' clothes at Home Depot, and writin' like this, eh flopgut?

I guess everyone else has "low-T" if I read that correctly a few pages ago.

P.S. well made crepes taste great.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back