• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Transmissions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I'm saying Red, is if my radio is a safety issue, I'm interested in fixing it. If it's a professionalism problem, I want to fix it. If it just annoying you? Then plan on being annoyed!! Because we got nothing but 24,000 or so middle fingers for you southwesticles.

I've never understood the community headset thing. Even when I was a poor commuter dog flying clapped-out Metros, I still sprang for my own headset. I'm no germaphobe, but sharing a headset with your entire seniority list would be right up there with sharing your ChapStick in my book. Plus the company-issued headsets inevitably are among the worst quality because they go for the bottom-dollar.

Don't be such cheap-f'ers. A headset is a tool of our trade. Save your hearing and help out everyone else on the frequency.

You guys clog up the frequency, a lot, with requests. You do it more than any other airline. What I'm saying is: How about we get headsets, and you guys don't fly like pissed off teenagers? Too much to ask? Too much too even theorize?

You're going to find out (some day if you're lucky) that other countries won't put up with your crap. The EU would throw you out over taxi speeds and begging for direct alone.

Interestingly I don't hear any complaints about our radios any where else in the world.
You are absolutely comical!

Asking for direct isn't dangerous. Asking for the ballgame score is not dangerous. Asking for a wind check isn't dangerous.

Revising routing is part of normal operations. Controllers often change routing to help manage traffic flow. Let me ask you how many unsolicited "short cuts" you receive on a weekly basis? Is responding to that transmission dangerous?

Direct routing is an all around good thing. It's good for the the company bottom line. It can reduce traffic on airways. It reduces fuel burn which is good for the environment. If a controller is too busy for the request he will say so.

Some of you guys need to throw a couple steaks on the grill and start with the Bud Light.

Happy Labor Day

Some of you guys need to throw a couple steaks on the grill and start with the Bud Light.

Happy Labor Day

Some of us are stuck in a hotel on Labor Day. :bawling: Hope you are enjoying your time off.

You are absolutely comical!

Asking for direct isn't dangerous. Asking for the ballgame score is not dangerous. Asking for a wind check isn't dangerous.

Revising routing is part of normal operations. Controllers often change routing to help manage traffic flow. Let me ask you how many unsolicited "short cuts" you receive on a weekly basis? Is responding to that transmission dangerous?

Direct routing is an all around good thing. It's good for the the company bottom line. It can reduce traffic on airways. It reduces fuel burn which is good for the environment. If a controller is too busy for the request he will say so.

Absolutely true.

I like to hear the equipment run. It's something I learned running machinery as a kid. I like to hear the engines spool, the pressurization and air conditioning, and it helps me watch the airplanes' speed. I also like to hear footsteps and doors shut/open in the galley. I would rather not shut off one of my senses to what's going on. I'm sure you guys wish this job was more like xbox or Facebook, and if my lack if headset makes it too hard for you to do you job, then maybe I'll wear one. But we need to talk about your own weird BS as well

I like to hear the equipment run. It's something I learned running machinery as a kid. I like to hear the engines spool, the pressurization and air conditioning, and it helps me watch the airplanes' speed. I also like to hear footsteps and doors shut/open in the galley. I would rather not shut off one of my senses to what's going on. I'm sure you guys wish this job was more like xbox or Facebook, and if my lack if headset makes it too hard for you to do you job, then maybe I'll wear one. But we need to talk about your own weird BS as well

Dude,

Out little battle is over, so this is no flame. Really. But United's radio transmission quality is unbelievably horrible. It sounds like you guys are transmitting on HF.

Peace.

What I'm saying Red, is if my radio is a safety issue, I'm interested in fixing it. If it's a professionalism problem, I want to fix it. If it just annoying you? Then plan on being annoyed!! Because we got nothing but 24,000 or so middle fingers for you southwesticles.

You mention professionalism in one breath and then tell us to F'off?

You are the consummate professional Flop.

And Tankerhead is correct. The worst sounding radio transmissions by far. Nobody else even comes close.

I guess this explains why ATC rarely answers us on the first call, and if it's a tie between two they never go with us first. Often we just have to wait for them to call with, did you check in?

Latest resources

Back