Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mach 80

Dear UAL pilots,

Please get your management to supply you with a headset with a microphone that cancels out the background noise. Almost all the UAL transmissions are painful to hear. If UAL pilot transmits for more than a few seconds it necessitates turning down the volume so as to reduce the pain. Maybe get something with one of the sponge looking things to cover the microphone to cut out all the hissing and background air noise.

Thank you.

Dear UAL pilots,

Please get your management to supply you with a headset with a microphone that cancels out the background noise. Almost all the UAL transmissions are painful to hear. If UAL pilot transmits for more than a few seconds it necessitates turning down the volume so as to reduce the pain. Maybe get something with one of the sponge looking things to cover the microphone to cut out all the hissing and background air noise.

Thank you.

Hear! Hear!

Dear UAL pilots,

Thank you.

One headset does not an airline make. Deep breath, deep breath. Now don't u have some avgas to order?

I love the whole low-T crowd and their ridiculously expensive ear-molded mega-noise canceling mic/headset BS arrangements. Put the $400 headset back in your murse and use a real headset.

Last edited:
Dear UAL pilots,

Thank you.

I'm sure they'll get right on that. Btw, they can't hear the noise.

The Bose is $1183 with tax in CA, worth every penny, I sometimes sit beside an old UAL 747 captain in my local and the poor man is almost as deaf as a post, his son has to almost shoot at him when he's talking.

It will be cheaper to supply other pilots bothered by the transmissions with Amazon drone deliveries of Midol for their Mangina irritations.

I'm more bothered by the guys who don't use mic-muffs. Hard to understand when all you hear are P's and T's.

Latest resources

Back