United Transmissions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dear UAL pilots,

Please get your management to supply you with a headset with a microphone that cancels out the background noise. Almost all the UAL transmissions are painful to hear. If UAL pilot transmits for more than a few seconds it necessitates turning down the volume so as to reduce the pain. Maybe get something with one of the sponge looking things to cover the microphone to cut out all the hissing and background air noise.

Thank you.
Dear All Other Pilots,

We fly planes? In which of our two departments--IT or legal?

UAL Management

I love the whole low-T crowd and their ridiculously expensive ear-molded mega-noise canceling mic/headset BS arrangements. Put the $400 headset back in your murse and use a real headset.

Ok, David Clark d bag.

The United transmission are by far the worst. Sounds like no headset, hand mike in a loud plane. Horrible. Sometimes ATC can't even understand them.

Delta comes in a distant second with 'Delta's 123'.

The United transmission are by far the worst. Sounds like no headset, hand mike in a loud plane. Horrible. Sometimes ATC can't even understand them.

Delta comes in a distant second with 'Delta's 123'.

That's because we don't use headsets like you guys. The 73 is not that loud, you guys are sporting Bose like its a 172. I'll keep my ear piece and keep using the hand mike, and keep the cash in my bank account.

Clearly a slow news week if this is the conversation.

But yes, sig, the 73 is cramped and loud - I'll save what hearing I have left and add to the Bose coffers
Pay now or pay later

Latest resources

Back