• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union: Delta wants to cut pilot jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry guys, reliable source from the old school fourth floor told me continuous cuts throughout '09. 1800ish or more gone. Hope this changes bc its a sign of the overall industry for the next couple years or more.

Go back to your RJ and take a nap.

Sorry guys, reliable source from the old school fourth floor told me continuous cuts throughout '09. 1800ish or more gone. Hope this changes bc its a sign of the overall industry for the next couple years or more.

It must be tough knowing that rj is the closest thing you'll come to "real companionship."

Scope.....

My post was also TIC.... sorry if that slipped by you and the general. All in good fun...

Net

What's really funny is that my post was TIC before your's was, which could have also been TIC but probably not cause you're an idiot. Your company has already targeted about 300 of your pilots, and we haven't seen any threatened yet at mine. Enjoy PHL at 3am.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So wait, even though DL has stated we will have a small PROFIT for the year 09, they will try to furlough? How? Using Force Mejeur which does not include the economy? Riiiiiight.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So wait, even though DL has stated we will have a small PROFIT for the year 09, they will try to furlough? How? Using Force Mejeur which does not include the economy? Riiiiiight.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Q: What do they base their profit projections on?

Bye Bye--General Lee
Thanks to your losses on fuel, you have a 794 million dollar hole to dig yourselves out of for that '09 profit. Good luck. It doesn't really matter, though. You have joined the new class of companies that are " too big to fail."

And to add another bit of info. We are still having retirements and with any luck some early outs. My seniority # for May is what was projected for Jan 2012. This will be a good place to hang your hat. Will we furlough now? Who knows, but at least the company and union are trying to do something. So, my advice to the newer regional pilots is to take the Joe Merchant, crj 567 types with a grain of salt. We all know the type. Guys like them were there when we were. They knew everything and just knew that the mainlines would never hire again and never win contract improvements. Always pointing out that they had friends furloughed(hired at a major prior to Gulf war 1) that would have been "senior" gettin' weekends off and flying the best saab, atr, brazilla, lines. Holding court in the crew room like some kind of "king of the dip********************s". Some easily influenced, new to the industry guys/gals believed their BS. Most of us just laughed them off as "angry, bitter, jealous lifers". Lo and behold, a year or two later the hiring started and those that kept their ear to the ground and kept sending those resumes every 6 months or so got the call. These guys missed the boat in the hiring boom of the late 90s and can't stand the fact that their former fo's are now capts or mid level widebody fo's at a major. Now, even when the hiring began again in 2007 and even more of their former fo's got hired and they didn't, they are even more bitter. Even if they could get hired now they won't apply because their ego won't allow them to go to the bottom and swing gear for someone who got lucky(in their words)"daddy was a pilot, female, other minority etc.)

Outstanding Take Down!

Latest resources

Back