• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union: Delta wants to cut pilot jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mainline wages that are less than my current contract wages at ASA? Interesting concept, the regional pays better than pap D? I guess I will buy your beer !!! HAHA

Hmm, let's see. Are you talking about FO rates. Current Delta rates tops out at $70.71 for a CRJ and ASA is $45.60. Of course it is unfair to compare the different YOS, so Delta is $67.98 vs ASA's $45.60. This must not be the comparison. Maybe at the end of your contract ,let's see. 2011 ASA top FO rate is $46.51 vs $76.48 or $73.31 for like YOS. Yea, this is not the comparison you were talking about.

Must be Captain rates. Lets see Delta current top CRJ rate would be $103.53 vs the same YOS at ASA of $87.41. Wait, I forgot it is unfair to compare similar YOS let's use the ASA rate that takes 6 additional years to get to. That puts ASA at $104.65 vs $103.53 a clear win for ASA. Oh, forgot to at the DC of 12% at Delta so the equivalent rate at Delta would be $115.95. Well it's really not fair to add in compensation that you don't get so well just go with the $103.53 and you win.

Ah, I almost forgot, in January 2011 you should be even better off at the end of your contract. Let's see ASA 12 year rate $89.17, hmm, and 18 year rate $106.76. Not bad. How about the Delta rate $111.98. Well it is only $5/hour, oh wait, I forgot to add the 12% again. That makes it $125.42, if you like equivalent dollars.

By the way current 3rd year Captain and FO rates for the CRJ at Delta are $96.53 and $59.54 and the 3rd year rates will top out on 1/1/12 at $108.59 and $67.43. These numbers are without the DC added.

So the winner is... wait you were going to buy the beer... ASA wins!!!

BTW no hard feelings, just responding in kind.:beer:

You honestly sound nuts, and those Rockford layovers between allnighters are killing you. You need to take better care of yourself, and leave the hate behind. As far as INTL crossing, we do it at night, but I only bid trips with 3 pilots, and I can sleep in the pax seat. It is a blessing. Have fun out there, and I can't wait to see you back at DL, flying the DC9 someday. You know you are going to do it. It is always in the back of your mind. Everytime you hear DL you will think of me and your DC9 FO initial that is waiting for you. You can't escape it. Tootles.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hahahaha....you crack me up knobjob.

DC 9's eeehhh? I can hold the mighty 757 domestic and 767 ER if I wanted to, but thanks anyways... I sold my delta uniform years ago, so enjoy fluffing those pax while you "rest" back there on your day crossings general. Lets just hope that you're actually right about no furlough's at mother D this year. The contract world is also drying up out there.... India said that all contract pilots will be done by July of 2010, so I hope everyone keeps their jobs. As for you being a tool? Some things are just impossible to change.... later freako...

Net

Hahahaha....you crack me up knobjob.

DC 9's eeehhh? I can hold the mighty 757 domestic and 767 ER if I wanted to, but thanks anyways... I sold my delta uniform years ago, so enjoy fluffing those pax while you "rest" back there on your day crossings general. Lets just hope that you're actually right about no furlough's at mother D this year. The contract world is also drying up out there.... India said that all contract pilots will be done by July of 2010, so I hope everyone keeps their jobs. As for you being a tool? Some things are just impossible to change.... later freako...

Net

Freako and knobjob? Easy man, I think I am getting to you. You wouldn't be saying that to me in person, since I would have you thrown off of the trip, after you do the walkaround! Ah, stay at browntown instead, and enjoy CAE and ONT in the middle of the night. I am glad you sold your uniform, for that cool brown one. As far as fluffing the pax in the seat, some of our ERs have a condo that is quite nice with flat bunks, and even in the first class seat I usually get a good sleep. But, again, you wouldn't know that since you are so incoherent after your tours are over, you can barely walk straight. And, mother D is still saying no furloughs, and buy outs are a GOOD thing. Time now for me to sleep, and you to walkaround. Have fun and get the glasses out for sunrise....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back