• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union: Delta wants to cut pilot jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is exactly what is up. They don't need guys this summer, but don't want the training churn associated with furloughing then recalling next summer. What they do is figure out what it would cost to furlough a guy then offer under that amount of money for the old guys to leave. Then next summer they will hire 300-500 guys that are on first year pay reducing the overall cost of the group. It's called the juniority effect and it can save alot of money if managed right. The only reason why they are doing it is because it saves them money, they aren't doing it to be nice to the old guys.

Yup .

The airlines are run by retards, instead of charging what a ticket costs, they determine that the best way to make a profit is to take it from the employees pockets. Problem is employees are not the federal govt, when we print money on the color copier we go to jail.
PBR

And if we had a good enough economy, every airline would have 13,000 pilots. Right?

This was called when the ink was still wet on the merger docs. Nothing new under the sun.

TC

You (We) will NEVER see those numbers again. NEVER. Those days are gone. We will be lucky even to replace those lost jobs with RJ's. Personally I don't ever see the number of pilots in the industry we had in the late 90's. The good days are behind most of us and those looking for them ahead will be waiting many many years.

You (We) will NEVER see those numbers again. NEVER. Those days are gone. We will be lucky even to replace those lost jobs with RJ's. Personally I don't ever see the number of pilots in the industry we had in the late 90's. The good days are behind most of us and those looking for them ahead will be waiting many many years.

I agree with you on this statement and I will add to it. Pilots should not act like this is their first time. If you didn't know, welcome to the business world boys and girls, now quickly take your seats for the two hour lecture followed by a quiz with 90 percent is passing.

This is the best thing to happen to the DAL pilot group. It's good business. Everyone wins. We all knew this was going to happen, this is best outcome we could ask for.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back