• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union: Delta wants to cut pilot jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OMG OMG KEVIN BACON IN THAT CLIP IS GENERAL LEE! All the rioters are all the SENIOR 58-61 year olds selling out scope, pay, and everything else they can for a few extra bucks! Then the people screaming (the women) and yelling are the CL-65 ACL 123 Delta youngins.

As long as DAL mgt says they will still make a profit for the overall 2009 year, I dont see how they use the force majuer clause to furlough with the no furlough clause.

The airlines are run by retards, instead of charging what a ticket costs, they determine that the best way to make a profit is to take it from the employees pockets.
It cost legacies more to move airplanes than it does for the LCCs. What do you want the legacy managers to do, raise tickets prices and lose market share on price alone? Legacy carriers have always matched the LCC fares and hope to make up the losses on those routes somewhere else (like with profitable international flights). If raising prices were so easy, there would never be a bankruptcy of any airline.

Also, doesn't do the airlines any good in this country when the VP announces that he wouldn't put his family in a confined space like a train or airplane. Kind of hard to charge a good price when demand drops off hard right before the busy summer season.

We need to let the free market work and take out capacity until demand matches supply. If no big airlines goes under, than all airlines will have to continue cutting until we have capacity that matches the current demand environment.

As long as DAL mgt says they will still make a profit for the overall 2009 year, I dont see how they use the force majuer clause to furlough with the no furlough clause.

You cannot use "The Economy" as a reason for Forced Manure, nor fuel prices. The Swine Flu pandemic is also waning. Also, they have not used the "F" word yet at all. This buyout would cost them less money than displacing a whole bunch of people thanks to the 742 being a very senior airplane and shiznit rolling downhill.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You cannot use "The Economy" as a reason for Forced Manure, nor fuel prices. The Swine Flu pandemic is also waning. Also, they have not used the "F" word yet at all. This buyout would cost them less money than displacing a whole bunch of people thanks to the 742 being a very senior airplane and shiznit rolling downhill.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sigh, as much as I hate to admit this, GL is right about this.

If it was more cost effective to furlough, they would have done that in a NY minute. If they wanted to weasel more out of the pilot group, they would have asked from some quid pro quo for the early out program, which they didn't.

So far, neither has happened. All the company has done is say "hey, we want to throw some money at guys to get them to leave".

What they see is some VERY senior displacements that will wind up causing a LOT of churn (maybe 8 or 9 seats per pilot) in the pilot group, which will end up costing a lot of money. It's cheaper to pay pilots to leave (up to a point).

Nu

And, if they do furlough, they have to remove 6 seats from EVERY 76 seat RJ (non-force mejeurable, plus "the economy" cannot be used for forced-manure anyway), and flow down to Compass.

Well, I hate to disagree with you, GL, but.....

If they furlough back to TK, they have to take seats out of all the "super-premium" RJs.

If they furlough up to but not including TK, they only have to take seats out of the "super-premium" RJs that Moak & Co. let them have a few months ago.

That's the way I read it anyway. For sure, it's a minor point overall, but one that all of us sub-TK (myself included) are quite aware of....

My point is that the sharp and pointy teeth of the no-furlough clause are far less sharp and far less pointy when you get below TK on the combined list.

Latest resources

Back