• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union coming at Flexjet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mr. exagony, on 4-9-2011 you wrote your somewhat paranoid “consequences” and “hostile working environment” missive, and asked for HR Gurus to affirm your decree. That, to me, is just another generalized statement aimed at stirring the pot, and was not meant to be instructive to anyone in any meaningful way. I responded to your call for thoughts, and said that “anytime anyone opposes a union here blah,blah...I take your statements, along with most others, as an attack on anyone who has different thoughts about unions. I couldn't find where I accused you personally of anything. And of course that famous poster and troll Whizz or Grizz or whoever had to make his enlightening comment. I don't care for that boy.
Anyways, I appreciate you posting that link to the other F-H site. Being a management pilot and all, I should know this, but can you tell me for sure if we employ them...I really don't know, but after looking at their web-site, hope we do.
Oh, BTW, if you don't know any of the consequences of bringing a union on property, perhaps you should look into it.
It's late, so I'm going to get inside my aluminum foil lined pyramid and catch a few zzzzz's. THEY can't track me in there, ya know.
WL

Mr. exagony, on 4-9-2011 you wrote your somewhat paranoid “consequences” and “hostile working environment” missive, and asked for HR Gurus to affirm your decree. That, to me, is just another generalized statement aimed at stirring the pot, and was not meant to be instructive to anyone in any meaningful way. I responded to your call for thoughts, and said that “anytime anyone opposes a union here blah,blah...I take your statements, along with most others, as an attack on anyone who has different thoughts about unions. I couldn't find where I accused you personally of anything. And of course that famous poster and troll Whizz or Grizz or whoever had to make his enlightening comment. I don't care for that boy.
Anyways, I appreciate you posting that link to the other F-H site. Being a management pilot and all, I should know this, but can you tell me for sure if we employ them...I really don't know, but after looking at their web-site, hope we do.
Oh, BTW, if you don't know any of the consequences of bringing a union on property, perhaps you should look into it.
It's late, so I'm going to get inside my aluminum foil lined pyramid and catch a few zzzzz's. THEY can't track me in there, ya know.
WL

Let me copy your post personally accusing me of attacking people:
My thoughts.....your full of *hit. Anytime anyone opposes a union on property or has a different view ie independant, you attack them personally, call them names, and generally come up with something like your post, whose ONLY purpose is to stir the pot. I think your troll "Grizz" calls them straw persons, erh, men.
WL

Seems pretty straight forward to me...

Seems to like you F&H guys need to get together and vette your posts....Already know the consequences of bringing a union on the property... also have been here long enough to see/experience the consequences of not having a union on property.

Last edited:
Exagony, you need to review your basic English structure. The "you" which you take so personally, refers to it's antecedant "anyone". You probably need to move on, Brother.
WL

OK heres a question for the furloughed Flexers. Do you wish we had a union here when you got furloughed? Or would you have been no better off than the current situation.

Just wondering your thoughts, thanks

Flex will never have what it takes to unionize, its all talk!!!!!!

Some here used to say that about Flt Ops and now they have a contract in place to build upon with rules that must be followed and a voice that can't be ignored. The FUD spreaders also used to tell NJA pilots to give up their pursuit of a fair contract, claiming they didn't have what it takes....:rolleyes:

Flex pilots as a group (not a few insulting posters here) will collectively decide their fate, as many others before them have, but I have no doubt that professional pilots capable of delivering exceptional service in often challenging conditions can figure out how to speak to management with one voice and are certainly able to discuss what they want in a contract.

Well hello Warlord 19. I am a FLOPs Pilot. I know I have seen your one sided posts before during our union drive...perhaps you were B 19 back then. No matter. We, collectively/majority, disregarded your management "perfect world" rants for 3 years. We now have a CBA, and even though we are still the lowest paid frac, it is the best thing we ever did, with what we had to work with/without.
If FLEX or CA are in the same, or even close, to the same situation we were in, how could you even think there would be a different outcome? Other than our neck ties, we are all pretty much the same cut of cloth, pardon the pun.
We are recalling pilots, and adding to our fleet. Pilot shopping/pushing, and management defined duty days are a thing of the past. Even though we are still the lowest paid, we still got over a 18% raise in pay, with no chance of reduction, creep, slide to parity, or any other such nonsense with regard to our pay benefits. I'm very happy with that.
The rumor was FLOPs was paying Ford&Harrison close to $2,000.000 per year to keep us from our current CBA...what a waste. In my opinion, it is without doubt you are not a line Pilot. I'm sure that pilots at FLEX and CA can figure it out. If you were a line Pilot, you would know it to:)
You REAL line Pilots, please ask allot of questions, to include stopping any Flight Options Pilot and get both sides of the issue. And there are two sides. We made our choice, and over 80% are happy with the result. Best of luck ya'll !!

....... Best of luck ya'll !!

Hear, hear, OC! Good post! I well remember all those FUD-filled rants and the management paid-for anti-union smear campaign the Options group stood up against to get their first (usually the most difficult) contract. Your group has reason to crow....;) Pun intended....:)

On a more serious note, frac pilots (and families) do have much in common and the gains by one group have been proven to benefit others in the industry. Kudos to the Flex and CA pilots for standing up for themselves, their families, and the profession. Absolutely...Best of luck ya'll !! NJW

Well Hello to you, Mr. OldCrow. I am a Flexjet pilot. I've previously posted on THIS board that IF working conditions were as bad as the comments here indicated, then FO should probably unionize...I am not against unions if they are needed. I don't know where you came up with the “perfect world” claim. I know I don't work at a perfect company cause there is no such thing. I do, however, work at a company that improves itself all the time and will continue to do so. I certainly DON'T buy your thought that “one size fits all”, ie all Fracs need to unionize cause one or two fracs suck. I've never denied the fact there are 2 sides to any question...the question to Flex pilots is “what is in my best interest in this unionization vote.” I happen to think a majority of the pilots will say NO if it ever gets to that stage. And if enough of our pilots feel that our few problems are worth the costs of unionization, then we will have a union.
WL

Uh oh! Identity confirmed! That's Teamsterspeak for, "Now we'z know who youse iz, we'z gonna kneecap you, or wurz! Youz bez watch yez back, you!"

Pathetic wannabe goon.

Latest resources

Back