Union coming at Flexjet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and the other has a no compete clause.

Not exactly correct. The NJASAP bylaws state that we exist to represent NetJets pilots only. It would require a Bylaws change to bring any other pilot groups on board. I personally think that is unlikely.

If you want to know more about the ins and outs of this movement then you ought to by now know where to find it. That you are uninterested in educating yourself, or more likely, are not allowed access to that information because of who you are is your problem.

In summation:
A) Both the Options and NJ's unions were contacted about starting our own, or forming a fractional union. It's not monetarily possible for one and the other has a no compete clause.
B) A 700+ pilot group is required to go it alone with an in house union.
C) There are more than a few grievances here or the movement would not be generating the kind of numbers that it is.
D) Get your cards in.

...and you make it a good one for you.

Very interesting information, of which I was unaware. Thanks. Good luck with the Teamsters, I think you are all going to need it. Luck, that is.

If the Teamsters are voted in and some of our more vocal proponents of unionization go on the MEC, I'll probably go to the Army Surplus, but a Japanese WWII sword, and commit Hari Kari (rather than have those genius's “represent” me).

Its really funny you say this. We at FLOPS have heard this same story from a bunch of pilots during the 3.5 years that it took to get a contract, and yet they are still here, some of whom are able to keep their jobs (due to their screwups) thanks to the union, the very union they don't support. Oh and they enjoy the protections of the contract. F..ing Hipocrites

Last edited:
Also I guess it was announced a couple of days ago, FLEX managment has hired Ford and Harrison. Funny FLOPS hired them as well, (I would love to see that bill). So we now have G4Dude and Warlord19. Good luck Flex.

Last edited:
Also I guess it was announced a couple of days ago, FLEX managment has hired Ford and Harrison. Funny FLOPS hired them as well, (I would love to see that bill). So we now have G4Dude and Warlord19. Good luck Flex.

Where was it "announced". Want to quote a real source or is that just rumor too??

Get ready for the pizza parties and the invitations to dinner from your management pilots.

We don't meet the definition of air carrier according to the RLA or Bond-McCaskill. How does voting a union help us during a merger/buyout? What are the specific deficiencies in our treatment that a union would address? Convince me that I need representation.

If you want to try privately, you can pm me. But really, no one wants to get specific about a union?

Latest resources

Back