• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union coming at Flexjet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sad to see the people at flex still do not have a union. Me and two others mailed out union cards back in 2000 when I worked there. We tried our best to educate the koolies of the need a long time ago. Best of luck!

The union vote right now is critical, it is the only thing we have left. Obviously, our parent company could care less about us and don't get me started on the lying, fear mongering Fred. We need to vote this in ASAP, do not allow management the time to organize a defense.

I'll translate this for all of you... "Please drink the koolaide, the unions have lost too many members lately and the bank account is shrinking."

Union or no union, know that we're going to everything we can to protect our 495 furloughed brothers and sisters. Not trying to be a dick, just sayin'. Anyone here would hopefully do the same thing if the tables were turned.

Bang those drums and protect those 495. Sounds great right up until "open the contract to reduce costs to the point of which some or all of the 495 could come back".

Those 495 know they were sacrificed to protect the contract and all those senior pilots.

The issue Flex pilots face is that without a union, the current company management team will represent their interests in the case of a merger or acquisition.

What do you think will win out - the interests of the pilots or the need to close a major sale of aircraft?

Answer the question Grizz. Which will keep the company the most stable? Increasing costs or increasing sales?

The company can and will survive without a union, but it can't survive without the sales.

If still rather have the Teamsters representing me than Flexjet management.

That's because you seem to need somebody to represent you. That's the union mentality, you're not alone so there is no need to feel bad about it..
Just leave it up to somebody else to make the decisions for you.

I like the "cheaper" part myself. The smart owners know that you always get what you pay for.

Smart owners know that "cheaper" means that the non-union company can provide an equal or better product than the union company because they are not bound to a contract which will artificially drive up costs and inhibit the company from growth from artificial boundaries and thus be more stable.

Sad to see the people at flex still do not have a union. Me and two others mailed out union cards back in 2000 when I worked there. We tried our best to educate the koolies of the need a long time ago. Best of luck!

It's clear that the rest of the pilots recognized that remaining non-union was better for their future.

Look at what's happening nationwide as union membership falls.

Wisconsin is only the beginning, the 9 groups voted down at Delta.. the NFL... yes, the American Public is beginning to fight back against the oppression and high cost that unions have wreaked across this country.

Those 495 know they were sacrificed to protect the contract and all those senior pilots.

Absolutley the most ignorant and asenine post you have written yet, B!

Oh, B, do tell how us your reasoning that they were sacrificed when the company overhired, the economy tanked, the company continued to spend and spend until our company was one day from solvency? Top it off, the individuals previously running this company did not see it coming?

That's right, the damned contract and the the damned union. Blame them. Its all their fault!

Get your head out of your union bashing posterior and maybe, just maybe, we can engage in an intelligent conversation. Prove your statement with facts, B, and I'll stop riding you.

Since when do you speak for me? And where do you get off thinking you know what I or the other 481 furloughees think?

That's some nerve B19. I've watched your ramblings for some time but have never chimed in. I've allowed you the right the speak your mind at will. However, do not assume that you speak for me or even remotely think you know how I feel.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

B19, we work in a industry ruled by unions, some people here agree with some of the things you post, myself included, but kind its of taboo to admit you have a point whenever it is you have a point, again due to the fact that our industry is heavely unionized ....

With that being said, let me ask you a question. What would you like to see or what would you like done If you were a Flex Jet pilot?? any advice for our Flex jet friends?

Union bashing is all you do. We know how you feel about unions, now how about suggesting something with substance that might help the Flex-jet guys?? You're like Sarah Palin, a lot of monday morning quarterbacking but not much else...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back