Union coming at Flexjet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
warlord19 = B19?

Has anyone noticed that warlord 19 just popped up on this board a short time ago and almost all his posts are anti-union.
It looks like Flex management has hired themselves a union busting law firm and the PR campaign has started.

I used to fly for Flex, enjoyed the time spent there, and I agree with warlord19 and B19. I'm just one pilot among many who would rather negotiate/relate with the company as an individual rather than be represented by a third party. With all due respect.

B19, we work in a industry ruled by unions, some people here agree with some of the things you post, myself included, but kind its of taboo to admit you have a point whenever it is you have a point, again due to the fact that our industry is heavely unionized ....

With that being said, let me ask you a question. What would you like to see or what would you like done If you were a Flex Jet pilot?? any advice for our Flex jet friends?

Union bashing is all you do. We know how you feel about unions, now how about suggesting something with substance that might help the Flex-jet guys?? You're like Sarah Palin, a lot of monday morning quarterbacking but not much else...

This isn't new, I've always said the same things. Bringing a new union onto the property brings with it years and years of turmoil, furloughs, one group pitting itself against another, rank and file employees have their careers destroyed or at the very least, deeply affected.

If you are a union pilot, go to a union carrier. While everybody likes to beat the drum about unity (gee, lots of that at FLOPS, eh?) there is always a small pct of pilots that want the union, drive the action and basically make it so the rest of the group almost needs to get on the wagon using mob mentalilty tactics.

If you are a union lover and you are working at a non-union company, shame on you. You should have gone to work for the union company in the first place. Going to a company and changing it for your own desires does nothing but hurt others in the group.

So that is my basic answer, and always has been. One last thing. If you don't want to leave because you don't want to wind up losing your seniority and taking a pay cut, it's unions that have created that situation. That alone should make you think twice before imposing your will on all those that don't want it. Don't go dragging innocent bystanders into your "cause."

G4 .....That had to be in the top 10 of the most asinine statements I have ever wasted my time reading.

Last edited:
G4, any post you or I make on this board will be met by, well, you can read the fabrications, half-truths, and plain lies that follow a post. It's why I don"t post here very often. When the pro-union BS just gets overwhelming is when I try to inject a little common sense and balancing viewpoint
WL

Any union that allows furloughs without opening the CBA first has sacrificed the lower seniority pilots for the higher seniority pilots in the name of keeping the high pay wages intact.

The Union and Company negotiated a deal where pilots were paid less for less work (on a voluntary basis). The Company later made the decision to cancel that deal and furlough pilots. Sorry but your argument does not fly.

Any union that allows furloughs without opening the CBA first has sacrificed the lower seniority pilots...

The only contract provision the company has expressed any interest in renegotiating is the one that would result in more pilots being furloughed.

Curious...if you got a union, would the contract be with Flex or the Part 135 operator (Bombardier doesn't own a US certificate)?

Put another way, do you work for Flex or the air carrier? Would that have any impact on one's decision?

G4 .....That had to be in the top 10 of the most asinine statements I have ever wasted my time reading.

Are you implying that a man shouldn't have his own opinions or live his life the way he wants to because this may be contrary to your course? If so, then you have a problem.

Curious...if you got a union, would the contract be with Flex or the Part 135 operator (Bombardier doesn't own a US certificate)?

Put another way, do you work for Flex or the air carrier? Would that have any impact on one's decision?

I would guess Flexjet, since we are employed by them and only act as agents to Jet Solutions.

This is another interesting twist, we wouldn't be under the RLA act since we aren't employed by an air carrier, we'd be under the NLRA.

Anybody know of any major differences other than the strike issue?

"What is the RLA?

The Railway Labor Act was drafted by labor and management and passed by Congress in 1936 without amendment. It differs from the National Labor Relations Act passed in 1926 in that it prevents labor groups the ability to go on strike at will. The intent is to ensure that interstate commerce is not affected due to labor unrest. The RLA outlines the processes in which we bargain.

Why do we bargain under it?

An operator that possesses an Air Carrier Certificate dictates that governance under the auspices of the RLA."

from the 1108 website

Latest resources

Back