Union busting, bigblue style.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which airline is GM?

I'm sure your family bought a fleet of 1994 Pontiac Grand Am's.

What a choice!

Also Retiree medical is limited. Not unlimited. Medicare is primary and the retiree medical is secondary. Medicare Part A and B paid the LION share of the expenses. But you knew that before you Googled and then cut and copied and pasted.

Management makes choices and they make a bad ones. BK is not death it is structured reorganization and is the check to both Management and Labor. GM should have filed BK because SALES were declining because they had crap designs like the Grand Am. They owned it and you are trying to pass the buck to labor.

Without a union there is no check on Managements greed, period.

Jetblue is the proof.

Which airline is GM? Without a union there is no check on Managements greed, period.

Actually thay run scheduled service between a number of US Cities on theie CV-580 fleet.

Now back to the main event, your post fits in with what I see the average union activist pull out of the scripted book. "Management can do nothing right and unions can do nothing wrong" The true is somewhere in between. Unions can bust companies, and companies can bust unions

BTW Have never owned a GM prodcut in my life, Ford man

Oh so there is a middle ground.

Never read that from you in the past.

Seems like your base line is that Unions are evil and management is Baby Jesus.

Last edited:
See there is no middle ground with you.

I support a union at JetBlue and that means to you we are no different than a GM worker.

Later.
Sure there is, I even posted I worked there I would send in a card. Some places need a union, some places don't maybe JB is in the first category. My concern is with pro-union guys at my previous airlines, that were never happy and were always looking for a bitch.

BTW Of course a JB pilot is not a GM worker, the GM guys made more money.

I missed read your reply.

I'll take that but I thought you posted that "if you were anti union" You "might" send in a card or vote.

Oh well. Jetblue needs a union and I convinced the majority of the pilots are very reasonable.

Randy, thanks for recognizing that there are two sides. JB is making record profits. GOOD!
They are cutting worker benefits, are forcing greater productivity (although JB is already #2 behind WN), and paying cash for things like International JFK Terminals, airframes, and pre-paying debt out to 2038.
And then cry poor regarding earnings!
If I am giving 110% for this company (previously about 200%!), at least give me average compensation. JB pilots are FAR below average.
I'm not trying to burn this place down, I just want some recognition of my hard work besides a "Lift Award". A Lift Award is an e-mailed "Atta Boy". No cash, day off, etc...
Oh, The "Lift" is pimped as such a GREAT deal.
I'm not running at Lucy's football again.

Randy, thanks for recognizing that there are two sides. JB is making record profits. GOOD!
They are cutting worker benefits, are forcing greater productivity (although JB is already #2 behind WN), and paying cash for things like International JFK Terminals, airframes, and pre-paying debt out to 2038.
And then cry poor regarding earnings!
If I am giving 110% for this company (previously about 200%!), at least give me average compensation. JB pilots are FAR below average.
I'm not trying to burn this place down, I just want some recognition of my hard work besides a "Lift Award". A Lift Award is an e-mailed "Atta Boy". No cash, day off, etc...
Oh, The "Lift" is pimped as such a GREAT deal.
I'm not running at Lucy's football again.

Don't forget paying themselves massive bonuses. How much has exec compensation increased in the last couple of years?

Last year 0 zero... Things are tight need to get that ROIC... Ya know but on a go forward basis um yea, pertaining to that, while adding some color, um, yea... Well regarding the previous question hats a good push back and we'd like to form a committee to fully understand... Aaaaaah, right what was that question?

Yea um average increase 40%+

How come they are called union busters? But when employees unionize and break a company they are never called "Company Busters"?

BTW That was almost enough for me to want to send in a card.

because the pilots unionize for better working conditions, which makes it a great place to work. then you happy employes. Most flight department unions actually save the company from its own destruction.

Latest resources

Back