• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union busting, bigblue style.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How come they are called union busters? But when employees unionize and break a company they are never called "Company Busters"?

BTW That was almost enough for me to want to send in a card.

Edit. Not worth it.
Already saw it on my iphone. So I will answer. You guys are so funny, you air your laundry in public, then when someone, like me, says hay your laundry ins hanging out there a tremendous outrage because we are not supposed to talk about your laundry in public.

BTW: As I posted above, I almost gagged on the video, if I was not pro-union before that I might be afterwords.

How come they are called union busters? But when employees unionize and break a company they are never called "Company Busters"?

BTW That was almost enough for me to want to send in a card.

Are you starting to get why this employee group is so frustrated?

Are you starting to get why this employee group is so frustrated?
Yes, in fact if I worked there, I would probalby send in a card, because I would not care if it destroyed the company. But the union activist posters here, remind me of the never happy pro-union at former union airlines, I did not like it back then and I don't like it now. Hope everything works out.

BTW I am betting JB is still a better job than pushing auto parts in the middle of the night a KYIP.

It is a better job than hauling cargo, Yip! True, there are many things to fix, but then again name a carrier that doesn't have things to fix….

I still enjoy coming to work, regardless of what the rather negative posters here have to say. My happiness does not depend on who I work for…and I chose to change things in a positive way.

Here is the reality, no union means the company can do whatever it wants, within federal and state labor laws. But wait, airlines are controlled under the RLA, so the federal and state labor laws are not applicable. One small problem the RLA was written for Collectively Bargained Labor groups. Non union airlines have a huge advantage, since there are effectively no labor laws to protect the employees.
This is an example as to how far a corporation will go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qajBfEdzoE&sns=em
This is quite simple, it's about money, who gets it or who keeps it, the companies will spend huge volumes to keep even bigger piles in their bank accounts. Pilots on the other hand will argue to this day over leather vs dinner jacket and hat vs combover.
Yeah DAL put 1.5Bil in the bank just a few years after BK. Pilots want to look good and airlines want to keep the money, we will see how that goes.

Latest resources

Back