• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union busting, bigblue style.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is a better job than hauling cargo, Yip! True, there are many things to fix, but then again name a carrier that doesn't have things to fix?.

I still enjoy coming to work, regardless of what the rather negative posters here have to say. My happiness does not depend on who I work for?and I chose to change things in a positive way.

That's great. I just hope that it includes sending in a card.

Yes, in fact if I worked there, I would probalby send in a card, because I would not care if it destroyed the company. But the union activist posters here, remind me of the never happy pro-union at former union airlines, I did not like it back then and I don't like it now. Hope everything works out.

BTW I am betting JB is still a better job than pushing auto parts in the middle of the night a KYIP.

Sorry that is your extent of your skill set.

For me I work work towards continuing cost advantage for my employer. Except now and over the past 5 years we are not even close.

It has been take take take.

Just for our vacation policy the company enjoys a 10% manning advantage.

Bring that up here and some sunshine pumper without knowing the specifics of our policy pops off that another pilot is being whinny.

That gets them an explaination of our policy and if that doesn't sink in the they get the FO post.

Same with health care retirement reserve rules pot pts std ltd rigs healthcare.
Where we are near bottom of the barrel within the company agreed upon peer set in which the company has farmed a 26% pilot casm advantage.

Yes, in fact if I worked there, I would probalby send in a card, because I would not care if it destroyed the company

I am absolutely against destroying the company, ELT seems hell bent of doing just that, I am actually interested in making it great company and a place people want to work for.

To do that, I need a voice at the negotiating table. Not to make outrageous demands, but to create a working environment that fosters loyalty if you will.

Bigblue is on record as saying they can handle 20% attrition in the pilot group, but what major airline even worries about such numbers. I doubt any major airline CEO lays awake at night wonder if 20%, much less 5% will leave his airline.

It's a sad, downward spiral they find themselves in and it's all the ELT's fault. They have a most compliant, most willing, most productive pilot group, a group that asked for so incredibly little and yet, that was apparently way too much in their eyes!

Last edited:
SO well said, Diezl.
I came here 11+ years ago with the dream that it was a better place. (As did many others). It's not. It's the same old place with a bunch of BS and promises.
I didn't need a job, I wanted to come to a place that really had the BIG picture. A place to be proud to work.
I gave up the left seat at a major, I wasn't desperate.
I was mislead (polite term for lied-to) and it's ALL my fault. I believed these liars.
Same old wine in a brand-new bottle.

Yes, in fact if I worked there, I would probalby send in a card, because I would not care if it destroyed the company. But the union activist posters here, remind me of the never happy pro-union at former union airlines, I did not like it back then and I don't like it now. Hope everything works out.

I'm for seeking the middle way. A balance between the two opposing forces; management-labor. Too much power on one side or the other is always bad. You seem to paint any labor group supporter with the "you want to destroy the company" label.

Or, you confuse an accurate observation with unhappiness. Being critical, seeking improvements to one's work environment, doesn't necessarily equate to one's overall sense of happiness.

I am absolutely against destroying the company, ELT seems hell bent of doing just that, I am actually interested in making it great company and a place people want to work for.

To do that, I need a voice at the negotiating table. Not to make outrageous demands, but to create a working environment that fosters loyalty if you will.

Bigblue is on record as saying they can handle 20% attrition in the pilot group, but what major airline even worries about such numbers. I doubt any major airline CEO lays awake at night wonder if 20%, much less 5% will leave his airline.

It's a sad, downward spiral they find themselves in and it's all the ELT's fault. They have a most compliant, most willing, most productive pilot group, a group that asked for so incredibly little and yet, that was apparently way too much in their eyes!

Sadly, Dizel8, the fault also lies with this pilot group. We allowed this to happen. I can only hope and pray that enough no voters have seen the light. I believe the tide has turned, but at what cost? Time will tell.

Send in a card. Tell your friends to send in a card.

Unfortunately, I still fly with no voters. Usually one common attribute, EXTREMELY politically conservative.

Unfortunately, I still fly with no voters. Usually one common attribute, EXTREMELY politically conservative.

I'm a Lefty $$ and what you say is slightly true, it has nothing to do with our drive. Leave partisan crap out of here. After this last magic trick by the company we need don't need to piss anyone off

I'm a Lefty $$ and what you say is slightly true, it has nothing to do with our drive. Leave partisan crap out of here. After this last magic trick by the company we need don't need to piss anyone off

Well, I'm just calling it as I see it. I am not trying to piss anyone off.

For me, this new policy really changes the way I view this company. They really F'd it this time.

I do suspect however that this is just another corporate preparation for the union.

Oh totally agree. To me this is worse than anything so far. To drop in a policy within 24hrs of it going live is astonishing. This was the clincher. And of course this just another item we will have to negotiate back.

Latest resources

Back