Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAX Letter to UAL Pilots over jumpseat dispute.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a dispatcher. So, answer to question number 1. Do SkyWest Dispatchers want to be the highest paid in the regional industry? Sure we do. But are we? Yes, and no. There are a lot of factors to weigh when answering any question like this. However, SADA goes to great lengths to contact every comparable regional dispatch center to compare work rules and rates and negotiate accordingly. We have very good working relationships with the dispatch heads at most comparable regionals and freely exchange information in order to continually "raise the bar."

Number 2. Dispatchers do not use PBS. We have set up our own system of line bidding internally. the rules of which were determined by SADA and approved by management. Was this bidding system something every dispatcher wanted? Probably not, but it does have the backing of the majority of the dispatch office. I am not qualified to talk about PBS and so I will not.

So if you are a dispatcher and not qualified, why do you always chime in on union pilot issues?

Working for 9E, now thats a dumb thing...so I guess you are right.

Yes, I would be telling them to immediately cancel all jumpseat agreements with the listed UAX carriers. Guess who has more leverage here? Going to war with the UAL MEC is the dumbest thing I've ever seen from a regional pilot group, and I've seen some pretty dumb things.

It's already known that everyone on here hates my guts,

Not true. I am a fan of the SKW DX Gang on here.

As far as the original post.....

If it's a software glitch, then have the Captains get off their asses in the meantime and go sort it out at the gate if need be.

It's the Capt's jumpseat, not the friggin' computer program's jumpseat or the gate agent's jumpseat.

Bite the bullet in the meantime until the glitch can be fixed and sort it out correctly for yourselves.

I... fix your end of YOUR recriprocial jumpseat agreement or lose it. Nothing more, nothing less!

That seems to be the rub here. But.....

1. The UAL MEC didn't write the software.

2. They are not the enemy here.

3. They want to get to work too.

I find it hard to believe there was a conspiracy with the union and management to block regional pilots from the jumpseat. I also find it hard to believe they wouldn't put pressure on United management to get the issue resolved.

3. They want to get to work too.

I find it hard to believe there was a conspiracy with the union and management to block regional pilots from the jumpseat. I also find it hard to believe they wouldn't put pressure on United management to get the issue resolved.

From the communication I have received from my J/S coordinator, UALPA has been the biggest stumbling block to getting this resolved.

Please explain....

The way it was communicated to us by our JSC, when the priority was changed in the computer system, that change was requested by UALPA. They wanted priority even on UAX flights. So trying to go to UALPA and work things out wasn't going to be the solution since they are the ones that requested the change.

It's just another example of how mainline looks at Regional guys as second class citizens. For an OO pilot the only way to work around this is to list non-rev on the flight, to maintain a higher priority in the system...but an OO pilot deosn't even have access to UA's Skynet to list. He has to call the 800 number, hich is real user-friendly. Then if the flight is full, approach the gate agent and tell them you are authorized for the JS...but as you know there's where the JS listing priority comes into play.

Bottom line: a pilot should have priority on his own equipment, and the res computer should show that. If UALPA doesn't like that, have UA purchase all the UAX regionals and have them crewed by UA pilots.

So if you are a dispatcher and not qualified, why do you always chime in on union pilot issues?

I'm sorry, I thought you knew that dispatchers are ALSO qualified jumpseat riders. But if you want to be belligerent with me about it, then why are you always chiming in on SkyWest matters when you don't even work for them. I don't see ExpressJet's name anywhere in this letter to the UA Pilots, which means this doesn't concern you one bit.

Latest resources

Back