• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Returning Furloughees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's been quiet on the recall front the last few weeks--I hope they announce more classes soon. You would think it would be anytime--Anyone know how many previous bypassers have chosen to come back?

ual-psycho said:
I will answer my own question:
For a short period of time, they offered at "Pay to Upgrade" program. You could pay a little extra, and get the full type ride on the fleets where the F/O didn't automatically get typed.

The new deal is that we will get an SIC type ride. Upon return to TK for your PC/PT, hopefully by then they will hve the add-on approved to make it a PIC type rating. The SIC rating is now required for 2 pilots crews to fly outside the US- soon to be required inside the US.

The current concern is that it may generate an "Up or out" situation.
Is making it a PIC type program actually in the works?

Assignment

Just got word today that I'm headed for the 300 in DCA, March 20 class date. Not certain where I stand in the class seniority but I'm pretty sure it was the bottom half. I was happy just to be going back but DCA is icing on the cake!

Kent

Kentang4 said:
Just got word today that I'm headed for the 300 in DCA, March 20 class date. Not certain where I stand in the class seniority but I'm pretty sure it was the bottom half. I was happy just to be going back but DCA is icing on the cake!

Kent

Congratulations, Kent!

Great news. What was your original hire date?

Still waiting. 3/20/00 here.

Cheers!

GP

flyingmonkey said:
Bob Neil at WHQ said there will probably be a class in June, but the letters won't go out until March 1 at the earliest.

Things are looking a little better here at UAL....

60 to be called back in March, with 200+ more to follow in 2006. I did hear that UAL expects to offer recall to EVERYONE by 2/2007. (those that want to come back will be able to by then)

Lots of talk about a Freighter division, we hired an ex-VP from Atlas/Polar and he has really grown our freight (just in cargo on the PAX side) rumor is a 747-400 all cargo bird soon (oh-yeah and FLOWN BY UAL PILOTS and not wet leased)

Good luck guys, and hang in there the call will come soon!

Hire date

I was hired 11-15-99. Got the call December 20, 2005 for the March 20, 2006 class. Just got news of assignment yesterday. I was told I should have FOM and A/C manuals sometime next week.

Kent

Sonny Crockett said:
Things are looking a little better here at UAL....

60 to be called back in March, with 200+ more to follow in 2006. I did hear that UAL expects to offer recall to EVERYONE by 2/2007. (those that want to come back will be able to by then)

Lots of talk about a Freighter division, we hired an ex-VP from Atlas/Polar and he has really grown our freight (just in cargo on the PAX side) rumor is a 747-400 all cargo bird soon (oh-yeah and FLOWN BY UAL PILOTS and not wet leased)

Good luck guys, and hang in there the call will come soon!

Sonny, that sounds like great news but where did it come from? With 60 to be called back in March and 200 more to follow in 2006 that leaves recall offers to approximately 1500 in January and February of 2007. Imagine those class sizes! Been waiting over 4 years for the call. Feels like its getting close.

Guppydriver

Guppydriver, let's take a look at the numbers. Current 8 ball = 7774. Junior furloughee = 8915. That's 1141 that haven't been called yet.
Bypass/mil lv/LOA rate has been somewhere around 60%. As we get deeper, I'd expect the numbers to increase, but let's say it stays at 60%. It would take 457 slots to go through the list first pass.
Let's say that 257 are recalled for class in 2006, leaving another 200 recalls to go through the list.
There are a number of ways to slice & dice the 2007 info. Don't forget that it takes about 3 months from the time you're recalled until you start class. Kentang4 is a perfect example of this. That being the case, a different way to phrase it is that #8915 should be offered a class date no later than May 2007. I don't think that's an unreasonable assumption.
I'm about 500 from recall (and about 650 from the bottom of the list); I'm estimating that the call will likely occur late summer/early fall 2006 for a winter class date. I will exercise the mil leave option. I don't plan on returning until mid 2009, at which time I hope to be able to get a 777/400 FO position so that I can doze for dollars. I haven't flown an aircraft since fall 2002. My PI will be earning his paycheck. There are plenty others like me who will stay off property for a LONG time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back