• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Returning Furloughees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After you get recalled and submit your paperwork, how long before you find out what you get from your BidReq preferenced (e.g. Airbus to SFO, etc...)? Does that process change if you go on mil leave?
Also, say I get a 737, but go mil leave and never go to training. I can continue to bid for other aircraft and domiciles while on mil leave, right??

Huggyu2 said:
After you get recalled and submit your paperwork, how long before you find out what you get from your BidReq preferenced (e.g. Airbus to SFO, etc...)? Does that process change if you go on mil leave?
Also, say I get a 737, but go mil leave and never go to training. I can continue to bid for other aircraft and domiciles while on mil leave, right??

I don't know the answer to the first part of your question, but on bidding on mil leave, I noticed in the Feb bids that 6 people awarded 767 bids were on mil leave. Junior seniority number on mil leave awarded a 767 was 7253.

Huggyu2 said:

Huggy,
I got my equipment and domicile over the phone with Bob Neil. He looked at my class date and relative seniority and told me what I was senior enough to hold. I told him what I wanted, and he made it happen. Give him a call. He's has always returned my calls, and has never given me the impression that I was bothering him with all my questions.

After you've accepted recall, and taken your Mil LOA, the Domicile you've been awarded is the Domicile you need to work with. Bob will send you a welcome back letter and a bidreq sheet. The letter tells you that if you want to have a permanent bid entered into unimatic, contact your Domicile, and they will enter it for you. You are eligible to participate in vacancy bids while on LOA.
Hog

GroundHog, how do equipment freezes work while you're on Mil Leave? At what point are you frozen in a particular fleet & seat if you stay on Mil Leave and never go to training?

Lots of talk about a Freighter division, we hired an ex-VP from Atlas/Polar and he has really grown our freight (just in cargo on the PAX side) rumor is a 747-400 all cargo bird soon (oh-yeah and FLOWN BY UAL PILOTS and not wet leased)

That's not what they are saying in the presentations to the recalls. Pete McDonald is saying UAL has not tapped all of its potential with belly cargo and freighters are years away.

F/O said:
That's not what they are saying in the presentations to the recalls. Pete McDonald is saying UAL has not tapped all of its potential with belly cargo and freighters are years away.

There's no money in cargo. (Quote from Rono Dutta, half of the Jimmy 'n Rono team that put UAL into BK).
Jimmy 'n Rono dismantled the ANC base and parked the DC-10Fs shortly after I arrived on property.
Until we have extra lift, I don't see UAL getting freighters back. Maybe once we've got a -400 replacement, they can take all of the -400s and convert them to -400Fs.

F/O said:

Forget what old Mcdonald says....!

Intel from the Feb 20 recall class is ALPA and UAL wanted to come to an agreement on a 400F but Mngt wanted to wet lease the airplanes and crew from Atlas/Polar however ALPA says...NO! We will fly them not another pilot group. (Already gave away 70 seats, but FORGET giving away any Freight aircraft)

Just reporting what my source tells me...

Andy said:
GroundHog, how do equipment freezes work while you're on Mil Leave? At what point are you frozen in a particular fleet & seat if you stay on Mil Leave and never go to training?

Andy,
I would just be guessing. I think even if you accept recall and go on Mil Leave before 3 years, if you come back from LOA beyond the 3 years out of equipment, you do the long course and get the freeze. Ultimately, I think it’s the long course/short course that decides your freeze. You can only get the short course if you come to training in the seat and equipment that you occupied within the last three years.
While on LOA, you can participate in vacancy bids and come back to train in whatever equipment your seniority can hold. If you stay out long enough, you could probably come back as a senior 75/76 FO. Your freeze won't start until training.
Or I could be completely wrong.
Hog

Andy said:
There's no money in cargo. (Quote from Rono Dutta, half of the Jimmy 'n Rono team that put UAL into BK).
Jimmy 'n Rono dismantled the ANC base and parked the DC-10Fs shortly after I arrived on property.
Until we have extra lift, I don't see UAL getting freighters back. Maybe once we've got a -400 replacement, they can take all of the -400s and convert them to -400Fs.

Andy, did you get the call from the LAX office yet?

Latest resources

Back