• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Returning Furloughees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone hear any information on stock distribution? I heard a rumor that anyone with a class date assigned before the company comes out of bankruptcy will be distributed new stock in the company.
I wonder if they are going to stall recalls for this reason.....??????

727scammer said:
Anyone hear any information on stock distribution? I heard a rumor that anyone with a class date assigned before the company comes out of bankruptcy will be distributed new stock in the company.

Your info is wrong. Don't get the bond and the stock confused. The answers you need should be on the UA ALPA board for you.

727scammer said:

727scammer, there are two payouts to pilots, the stock and the bond. The stock will be distributed to every pilot on the seniority list, whether recalled or still on furlough. The bond will be only given to those who are on property, retired within the window (prorated), or have accepted a class date prior to emergence from BK.
Approximate worth of the stock is $5K face value; those that sold their claims got approx $16K. Approx worth of the bond is $47K.
This is a hot topic on the UAL ALPA boards. If you're a furloughee, there's also the halfwinger board; I've put several posts on the halfwinger board on this and other issues affecting furloughees. I highly encourage all past & present furloughees to join halfwingers.

Andy,

How do you join the halfwinger board? Does one need compuserve to get on the UAL ALPA webboards you refer to?

clownhater said:
Andy,

How do you join the halfwinger board? Does one need compuserve to get on the UAL ALPA webboards you refer to?

PM me your name & e-mail. I will forward to Jim D.
Halfwingers is a group on Yahoo; it's been fairly dormant for the last year except for Al S. posting job leads. I'd like to reinvigorate it to keep caustic posts from furloughees off of UAL ALPA. It's starting to show some signs of life.

Were junior and we are gonna get it just the way it is. Be happy to come back. I'm not there yet but 4/10/00 is getin close. By the way recalls will be accelerating through the year. I know many I've talked to won't be going back as a lot got jobs at SWA, UPS and FDX. Best of luck to them I will however. And then again some are flying desks and making more money and are home...funny how it all works.

Can some one explain the returning furloughee share of the money give out by the company the way I read the email was you needed a class date before the company came out of bankrupcty. I am just confused since my date of hire is 9/03/00 will I get any money or stock thanks in advance.

exuala320guy said:
Can some one explain the returning furloughee share of the money give out by the company the way I read the email was you needed a class date before the company came out of bankrupcty. I am just confused since my date of hire is 9/03/00 will I get any money or stock thanks in advance.

Read my previous post, posted earlier tonight:

Andy said:
727scammer, there are two payouts to pilots, the stock and the bond. The stock will be distributed to every pilot on the seniority list, whether recalled or still on furlough. The bond will be only given to those who are on property, retired within the window (prorated), or have accepted a class date prior to emergence from BK.
Approximate worth of the stock is $5K face value; those that sold their claims got approx $16K. Approx worth of the bond is $47K.
This is a hot topic on the UAL ALPA boards. If you're a furloughee, there's also the halfwinger board; I've put several posts on the halfwinger board on this and other issues affecting furloughees. I highly encourage all past & present furloughees to join halfwingers.

Latest resources

Back