UAL Returning Furloughees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FYI
I would not look for a 744 freighter anytime soon. A buddy of mine is, high on the food chain over at UPS. he told me that they looked into purchasing parked 744's. The problem is the pax version does not have the beefed up floor loading requirements (they reduce the aluminium to cut down on the weight in order to get the range), people weigh less then cargo so their is no need for the heavy duty floor. Nor does it have the beefed up landing gear required for cargo ops.

Apparently UPS did a complete study on this and determined it was cheaper to just purchase new aircraft VS taking parked 744 and converting them to cargo ops.

G4G5,

Remember, you are talking UAL management. If you think they put much thought into it, you must not have worked there.

Slug

May 1

Got the recall letter today. My hire date was 17 Jan 00. Tough decision to go back, but unfortunately I lack the skill to do anything more profitable. Best wishes to all.

G100driver said:
Where do you all figure Feb 01 in the recall mix. Got a good buddy there.

Thanxs

Feb 01 has a seniority number range of 8741-8786. That's about 1000 numbers to go. With the way that they're burning through the numbers, I'd say that he can expect a call in very early 07.

Out of curiosity, what was the hire date of the most junior furloughee?

Latest resources

Back