• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Returning Furloughees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are getting close to halfway through the recall list. So far 498 have accepted recall out of 2172. 431 have bypassed and could still return any time openings are available. 100 more recalls are planned this year. When they get to the bottom of the list, they will start back up and anyone who has bypassed recall will get one last chance to return.

Last edited:
pilotbiatch said:
They are getting close to halfway through the recall list. So far 498 have accepted recall out of 2172. 431 have bypassed and could still return any time openings are available. 100 more recalls are planned this year. When they get to the bottom of the list, they will start back up and anyone who has bypassed recall will get one last chance to return.

I was told that if you resigned, i.e. took a job at XYZ Air, and they offered you recall, that was your last chance. In other words, your resignation became "official" when you bypassed. Anyone hear differently?

hyflyt560 said:
I was told that if you resigned, i.e. took a job at XYZ Air, and they offered you recall, that was your last chance. In other words, your resignation became "official" when you bypassed. Anyone hear differently?

If that's the case, call Bob Neal. I will post Bob's number on the Halfwingers board (incentive to get fellow furloughees to read it). :)

hyflyt560 said:
Andy,

I'm still waiting for the info. from whomever to get "signed up" for the Halfwingers board.

I just got moderator status there and sent you an e-mail inviting you. You should have an e-mail inviting you to halfwingers.

Anybody know how much they are getting for the Full Type-Ride at TK?

KnightwhosaysNi said:

Which Type ride are you referring to?
I will answer my own question:
For a short period of time, they offered at "Pay to Upgrade" program. You could pay a little extra, and get the full type ride on the fleets where the F/O didn't automatically get typed.

The new deal is that we will get an SIC type ride. Upon return to TK for your PC/PT, hopefully by then they will hve the add-on approved to make it a PIC type rating. The SIC rating is now required for 2 pilots crews to fly outside the US- soon to be required inside the US.

The current concern is that it may generate an "Up or out" situation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back