• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TWA v. ALPA Suit Going To Trial

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Further, TWA pilots agreed to the seniority list, only now THEY want a "Do-Over", just like US Air pilots.

There is no signature from any TWA pilot on any SLI. You are either intentionally misleading the crowd or are showing your ignorance on the subject.

X

Last edited:
. Further, TWA pilots agreed to the seniority list, only now THEY want a "Do-Over", just like US Air pilots. .

We did? Shoot, I thought our guys wanted to negotiate in good faith and if a deal couldn't be hammered out, it would go to an arbitrator. I thought that I remembered that the APA didn't want anything to do with an arbitrator and made up the list themselves, without any input from TWA ALPA. I must really remember things wrong.

There is no signature from any TWA pilot on any SLI. You are either intentionally misleading the crowd or are showing your ignorance on the subject.

X

If there had been a signature the document would have been produced and the case dismissed long ago.

Somehow, that's not the case.

I guarantee you if there is ever a big judgment rendered against ALPA that will be the day it ceases to exist. For instance if ALPA were to lose this TWA suit (which I don't think will happen) does anyone really think that Delta or United pilots will pay a dime in assessments? Not a chance in hell. They will just decertify ALPA and it will evaporate overnight.

I hope TWA wins, because I agree ALPA will shut it's doors and take it's undisclosed, offshore, windfall and no one will ever find out where all the money went.

Prater will never be seen again,

It would be the best thing for all pilots, ALPA has failed

Well since ALPA has already lost one suit brough by pilots this year (United) it will be interesting to see how this plays out. If memory serves me correct ALPA paid 44M in the last lawsuit. Anyone have any idea how much cash/assets they claim?

Wrong Wrong Wrong...There was no judgement against ALPA in this lawsuit, they agreed on a settlement. As was explained by my ALPA organizer, ALPA is not paying the bulk of the $44M, part is paid by insurance and part will be paid by United Airlines.

ALPA is a disease- they have caused harm to so many pilot groups= just look at mine as a great example

ALPA is a disease- they have caused harm to so many pilot groups= just look at mine as a great example

You obviously are very obsessed and angry over what happened at USAir (Everyone agreed to accept an arbitrated list and when it came out, east said we changed our mind), but a very good question was asked of you and you never answered. If TWA and USAir had merged in the 80's, would you be fighting just as hard for DOH when USAir had 8 year Captains and TWA had 10 year F/E's?

Last edited:
You're free to argue the TWA purchase was ill-advised but at the time there were logical reasons why AA did it. 9/11 changed that and I'm guessing you didn't predict 9/11. Therefore, you could not have anticipated that the AA would shrink drastically so shortly after the TWA purchase. It's very disingenuous for you to suggest you knew as much..

You'll "explain" from what view, someone who hadn't dealt with AMR? You dealt with Icahn, same scum, different beasts.

The TWA system was going to get whacked. the economy was already in the sheeter with crappy loads and yields the summer of 2001.

The TWA system had a significcant amount of flying that AA detested. Riyadh, are you kidding? STL to Europe, with DFW and ORD Europe flights an hour away, that flying was going away. Same goes for STL- Hawaii, gone to because of ORD/DFW. The Caribbean SJU "Hub". That was just some lunch money pilfered from the AA's Caribbean "lake". That flying was gone except for PUJ. The STL short haul flying I covered in my previous post was also gone. Mainline jets from the STL Hub to SGF/DSM/MLI/FAR/MKE/OMA? We AA pilots lost that flying top Eagle 8 years before. It sucks, but did you guys really think the AA pilots should give you a relative seniority merge based on 2001 baseline to places like those?

The APA deal protected the STL TWA guys based on an educated guess as to what AMR would do with TWA. If they had kept the flying APa guessed they would, upgrades due to the senior TWA guys retiring would have let protected TWA FO's upgrade earlier than the AA guys based on DOH. It's too bad that AA cut STL and the TWA system even more than APA thought they would.

So TWA was victim to poor management, a poor market, TWA pilot union decisions and the economic downturn exacerbated by 9/11......

But its airline pilots still employed (unions) fault?

Last edited:
So TWA was victim to poor management, a poor market, and the economic downturn exacerbated by 9/11......

But its airline pilots still employed (unions) fault?

I wasn't aware that most of the pilots, all of the flight attendants and virtually every other employee that was former TWA actually were offered new jobs.

Just a big furlough.

I wasn't aware that most of the pilots, all of the flight attendants and virtually every other employee that was former TWA actually were offered new jobs.

Just a big furlough.

Why would new jobs be offered by poor management, in a poor market during an economic downturn?

Latest resources

Back